From: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] OS2APIC.PSD??
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:00:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:13:12 -0700 (PDT), Jon Harrison wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:05:36 -0700 (PDT), Jon Harrison wrote:
>
>>Carl & Lewis:
>>
>>Thanks for the replies.  I'll have to check my versions &
>>config.sys.  I'm still waiting for my system to boot, sometimes as
>>long as 10 minutes!
>

>I forgot to mention that I am running snap.
>
>Also, I note my config.sys has apm.add but apm.sys is rem'd out.
>Do I need apm.sys or is that for DOS apps (I did not install
>winos2).

Jon,

Quite the contrary, APM.SYS *must* be Rem'd.

It is replaced by APM.ADD and, as I understand it, they have conflicts
that could likely cause problems.  [I've even deleted the 'Rem .SYS'
because I don't want to accidently get it back.]

I have WinOS2, but nothing special that I know is there/needed for
ACPI.  'Course, I have only vague ideas what to look for.

Re: Network issues
You probably already have this, but one critical issue for GenMac:
*  Be sure the first statement in your Config.Sys is:
      RUN=d:\...\GENMAC\DRIVER\HELPERW.EXE
   All kinds of strange things happen w/o this.

Carl