From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] OS2APIC.PSD??
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 12:32:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:00:33 -0400 (EDT), Carl Gehr wrote:

>  [I've even deleted the 'Rem .SYS'
>because I don't want to accidently get it back.]

Good idea.  I often find myself trying to remember why a statement
it rem'd.  Why on earth they put it in there to begin with if
something else replaced it really is beyond me.

>Re: Network issues
>You probably already have this, but one critical issue for GenMac:
>*  Be sure the first statement in your Config.Sys is:
>      RUN=d:\...\GENMAC\DRIVER\HELPERW.EXE
>   All kinds of strange things happen w/o this.

OK.  My helperw is waaayyyyyy down in my config.sys.  Probably the
very last run statement.  There are so many conflicting
instructions.  A few years ago it was that psd= had to be first for
smp.  Then there was ifs=jfs must be first (that simply didn't work
for me - my desktop C: is hpfs and if it crashes then sometimes
nothing would restart because jfs couldn't run autochk because hpfs
had not run yet).  Now I have a 'sorted' config.sys by default
install and unicode is first.  Why on earth?

I'll change the location of my helperw and see if things settle
down.

re: My earlier query about the tcp config notebook and wireless
interface.  Turns out that wLan Monitor specifically sez NOT to
configure the wireless in the tcp config notebook.  So what I
thought might be my problem is not it at all.  Maybe the helperw
fix will solve it.  I hope so.

THANKS!,

jon