From: "Lewis" <efte-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eFTE-dev] Close button
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 14:55:46 -0500

On 12/03/17 09:18 am, Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:
And again,

Lewis wrote:
[...]

Blue works for me.

Blue would probably do fine without distracting my work, and the image would
be more immediately recognizable as a close button (not that doors aren't
recognizable as such, but they take slightly more scrutiny).

All of that said, I find that there are buttons in ANPM now which are more
recognizable to me based on position rather than image, so seasoned users are

According to UI studies, motor memory develops over time so beyond a certain point you don't look at elements any more. That is why changing icons is usually less traumatic for long time users than shuffling stuff around for no reason in new versions, etc.

Can we say Quicken, QuickBooks, and most other software for that other platform? It seems the developers are in league with the software training outfits...

In our office, we dread every year (on the upgrade treadmill) when our clients just *have* to upgrade QuickBooks (not because there's anything in the new version which was not in the old one, and not because they have ever been able to rely upon Intuit support to resolve their problems - for that, they have me). We, then have to upgrade, and start the learning process all over again (for an even more bloated version, running more slowly than the last...with all of the menus rearranged, icons shuffled/changed, etc.)...

probably going to just "go for it" as opposed to novices with eFTE2 such as I,
who are still "hunting and pecking."

We're all 'new' to that button, it was a recent addition by Gregg :)

Indeed, so. My comment was actually meant as an overall observation. I have to look at *every* button and rely on flyover help, to boot.