From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <efte-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: efte-dev list vs. trac
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 13:17:14 +0100

Hi Lewis and Gregg,

I am writing this because I don't want to step on anybody's toes: Gregg, you have been doing stuff in eFTE2 before I jumped in, and Lewis, you took the time to set up the mailing lists, so I assume you have some interest on all of this, and my not interfering with any plans you may have. Since so far it's just the three of us here, I would also consider this as trying to establish a general way of dealing with things in the future, i.e. how to deal with issues on Netlabs' trac and/vs. this list to keep the highest possible overall level of happiness/'informedness' among us :)

As I said, not having heard back from the only active eFTE2 developer i.e. Gregg this week, I am ready to step in to fill in some gaps I need filled, and I'll start fixing/adding stuff tomorrow.

A mostly harmless example: two months ago (OMG time flies!) I addressed ticket #53 "Regular expressions 0[xX]?[0-9a-fA-F]+ and [0-9a-fA-F]+ don't find hex numbers that start with letters". After some discussion on Trac, I emailed Gregg a fixed TRP mode for eFTE2 and we had a brief email exchange on that. It's supposedly all fixed now, but the ticket is still open.

While still pending Gregg's definite word on the issue, I think I could commit the new TRP mode to config in SVN so as to have a truly 'atomic' changeset, link to it from ticket #53, close that one, and call it a day. Question: would I be breaching any time-honoured tradition or protocol, or can I be confident I won't stir trouble by doing that?

This I will be doing tomorrow, so this message stands here for the record, to show what my intent is(was). Apologies any of you feel I should do things differently but you have too many other things in your hands to speak up right now. :)

However, the question remains as I will move on to more aggressive stuff like rearranging the config tree structure to minimize the effort needed to add / modify new modes / UI language support, etc. This kind of things have no tickets yet -- they're still just ideas floating in my mind, therefore I feel some prior discussion should take place here. I would really like to know we mostly agree on what to do next, or that I am the only one left who cares.

All the best,
Alfred.

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com