efte-dev@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #19

Da: "Gregg Young" <efte-dev@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [eFTE-dev] efte-dev list vs. trac
Data: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 10:20:01 -0700 (MST)

Hi Alfredo

Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, I am dealing
with some issues at work that are taking up most of my
time.

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 13:17:14 +0100 Alfredo
Fernández Díaz wrote:

>Hi Lewis and Gregg,
>
>I am writing this because I don't want to step on
>anybody's toes: Gregg, you have been doing stuff in
>eFTE2 before I jumped in, and Lewis, you took the time
>to set up the mailing lists, so I assume you have some
>interest on all of this, and my not interfering with any
>plans you may have. Since so far it's just the three of
us
>here, I would also consider this as trying to establish a
>general way of dealing with things in the future, i.e. how
>to deal with issues on Netlabs' trac and/vs. this list to
>keep the highest possible overall level of
>happiness/'informedness' among us :)

Problems and questions about trac itself can be posted
here but we may or may not be able to help. If it seems
that trac is broken somehow contact Adrian at
ty

>As I said, not having heard back from the only active
>eFTE2 developer i.e. Gregg this week, I am ready to
step
>in to fill in some gaps I need filled, and I'll start
>fixing/adding stuff tomorrow.
>
>A mostly harmless example: two months ago (OMG
time
>flies!) I addressed ticket #53 "Regular expressions
>0[xX]?[0-9a-fA-F]+ and [0-9a-fA-F]+ don't find hex
>numbers that start with letters". After some discussion
>on Trac, I emailed Gregg a fixed TRP mode for eFTE2
>and we had a brief email exchange on that. It's
>supposedly all fixed now, but the ticket is still open.

Please go ahead and commit this while it still has some
issues with single letters not meant to be highlighted. It
is much much better than my original.

>While still pending Gregg's definite word on the issue, I
>think I could commit the new TRP mode to config in
SVN
>so as to have a truly 'atomic' changeset, link to it from
>ticket #53, close that one, and call it a day. Question:
>would I be breaching any time-honoured tradition or
>protocol, or can I be confident I won't stir trouble by
>doing that?

Please close the ticket.

>This I will be doing tomorrow, so this message stands
>here for the record, to show what my intent is(was).
>Apologies any of you feel I should do things differently
>but you have too many other things in your hands to
>speak up right now. :)

Alfredo this is an open source project all contributions
are welcome. If something accidentally gets broken well
that is what having an SVN is for, We can simply back it
out. I would suggest you create a branch if you are
planning major changes.

>However, the question remains as I will move on to
more
>aggressive stuff like rearranging the config tree
structure
>to minimize the effort needed to add / modify new
modes
>/ UI language support, etc. This kind of things have no
>tickets yet -- they're still just ideas floating in my mind,
>therefore I feel some prior discussion should take place
>here. I would really like to know we mostly agree on
what
>to do next, or that I am the only one left who cares.

I want to see the project move forward. My only request
is that any configuration changes are done in a way that
would minimize the impact on already installed
configurations. I have committed changes that should fix
the relative paths in the config files issue and that fixes
a couple of rare traps.

Who is going to make the exit icon blue? Note about 1/4
of the open tickets are actually fixed. Thanks

This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com

Iscrivi: Feed, Riassunto, Indice.
Annulla sottoscrizione
Scrivi a ListMaster