From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <efte-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eFTE-dev] efte-dev list vs. trac
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 21:45:39 +0100

Hi Gregg,

Gregg Young wrote:
Hi Alfredo

Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, I am dealing
with some issues at work that are taking up most of my
time.

Please, no apologies -- whenever I work full time in front of a computer I become about as (read: probably much less) responsive regarding any volunteer stuff, so I understand perfectly. :)

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 13:17:14 +0100 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:
general way of dealing with things in the future, i.e. how
to deal with issues on Netlabs' trac and/vs. this list to
keep the highest possible overall level of
happiness/'informedness' among us :)

Problems and questions about trac itself can be posted
here but we may or may not be able to help. If it seems
that trac is broken somehow contact Adrian at

OK. Trac seems functional enough to get stuff done, so I'll get to that if major issues pop up.

[...]
A mostly harmless example: two months ago (OMG time
flies!) I addressed ticket #53 "Regular expressions
[...]

Please go ahead and commit this while it still has some
issues with single letters not meant to be highlighted. It
is much much better than my original.

IIRC the latest version I sent you fixed that too, but whatever -- any remaining issues can have their own tickets opened later.

While still pending Gregg's definite word on the issue
Please close the ticket.

Will do.

Alfredo this is an open source project all contributions
are welcome. If something accidentally gets broken well
that is what having an SVN is for, We can simply back it
out. I would suggest you create a branch if you are
planning major changes.

Of course. I have a few things in the pipeline, and at least one of them should require a branch. However, I only have limited time to work on this, so I'll go for the easier stuff first and we'll see how far I get ;)

WRT contributing to open source projects I prefer to nag my predecessors a bit asking for guidelines and whatnot, to avoid ruffling anyone's feathers, rather than go the proverbial bull in the china shop. I think everything could be better if we all tried to do that sometimes.

I want to see the project move forward. My only request
is that any configuration changes are done in a way that
would minimize the impact on already installed

I concur. However, if we take into account that current efte installations were not compatible with FTE ones, we'll need to put some thought into that when the right time comes.

configurations. I have committed changes that should fix
the relative paths in the config files issue and that fixes
a couple of rare traps.

I'll be sure to check the relative paths thing.

Who is going to make the exit icon blue? Note about 1/4

Will be in my next commit.

of the open tickets are actually fixed. Thanks

Thank you, Gregg.
Alfred.