From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <efte-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eFTE-dev] efte-dev list vs. trac
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 13:18:17 +0100

Hi again,

Gregg Young wrote:

<trim>

I have a few things in the pipeline, and at
least one of them should require a branch. However, I
only have limited time to work on this, so I'll go for the
easier stuff first and we'll see how far I get ;)

Reasonable

WRT contributing to open source projects I prefer to nag
my predecessors a bit asking for guidelines and whatnot,
to avoid ruffling anyone's feathers, rather than go the
proverbial bull in the china shop. I think everything could
be better if we all tried to do that sometimes.

I'm fine with questions but also fine with people
committing things. That is what Steven had me do when
I started so I am just following the model I was given.

Reasonable ;)

I concur. However, if we take into account that current
efte installations were not compatible with FTE ones,
we'll need to put some thought into that when the right
time comes.

Actually a basic FTE install works in eFTE. Hopefully
they all work with my change. An eFTE installed
configuration should work also. If we find variants that
don't work we will need to decide how to address them.

Exactly. Mine doesn't, even without 'language support'. Guessing how many of each there are is... well... guessing :)

But we'll get to that. First I need to get to the point where I can doff good ol' FTE and switch to eFTE2 for real.

One note the last button is probably broken in the
eftepm I just sent. It is already fixed. I have to open

It was both broken in the build and already fixed in source. I unnecessarily overwrote it anyway with my own fixed version when I noticed the different size in my 'outdated' tree :(

them in PMView and then save them as 2.0 bmps to get
them to work. No idea why but since the workaround is
so simple it probably isn't worth figuring out. Thanks

Exactly, it is a problem with toolkits and whatnot not being 'updated' to support format variations within the platform they supposedly support -- also too easy to fix 'externally' to waste time on this :(

Best regards,
Alfred.