From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <efte-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eFTE-dev] Report: relative 'includes' in config (was Re: [eFTE-dev] efte-dev list vs. trac)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 11:44:06 +0100

Hi,

Gregg Young wrote:
I don't see this. I did a clean install of the latest code
and your config. After I fixed the ../ issues it all worked
fine. I know it was your config that loaded because of
the color scheme. Where did the * in the error message
come from?

Ignored as per your request -- I assume you are wearing your glasses now ;)

I could make the ../ work if you think it is important. I
think it is cleaner without at least for the case where the
original config files are used this way. You could put your
config somewhere other than the config directory and it
would work.

I think it is important to keep backwards compatibility wherever the original logic wasn't faulty -- and I don't think the ability to read files from .. qualifies as that. I used it to minimize my changes to the original config.

Anyway, I plan to revamp the config loading stuff. As I mentioned in the past it doesn't make sense to go through 20+ different directories to look for every include -- unless you can defend a solid use case, I think it is much better to look in a few places to locate the initial system.fte or whatever, then try to load everything else relative to it, and relative to config dir as well -- just to avoid breaking potentially existing eFTE configs using the old scheme, but that is as much as I can contemplate right now.

That's the last thing I need to fix before I can switch from ol' FTE to eFTE2, though, so we still have some time to discuss it.

Merry XMas,
Alfred.