From: "Gregg Young" <efte-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eFTE-dev] Trac definitions
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 12:03:43 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 11:48:53 +0100 Alfredo
Fernández Díaz wrote:

>Hi Gregg,
>
>I assume the definitions in the eFTE2 trac at Netlabs
are
>yours, so I would like to ask

Actually these are the Trac defaults.

>1) What's the difference between "enhancement" and
>"task" supposed to be in terms of our trac?

A task is something like automating the build string
updates (i.e. helps the development process but doesn't
provide value to the end user). An enhancement
provides end user value.

>2) Ditto for "accepted" and "assigned".

Not meaningful at the present time. If we had multiple
developers with one in charge. The one in charge (or any
one for that matter) would assign the tickets and the
individual it was assigned to would then accept it (or
not). Makes sense for large projects where people are
working on specific pieces (ArcaOS for example).

When I was doing it alone I used them to tell the person
entering the ticket I was going to at least look at the
issue. I often accepted my own tickets when I entered
them. Now that you are working on it also we should use
accepted to indicate we are actively working on
something. That way we won't start working on the same
problem. Assigned should mean we are interested in
working on it but not actively doing anything. We should
ask before starting work on a ticket assigned to
someone else.

Assigned with no owner is the same as new (can't revert
to new as far as I can see). Just remove (assign to
blank) yourself as the owner if you decide you aren't
going to work on something.The only time we should
assign a ticket to someone else is if we know from
communication here they are actually working on it. I will
update some ticket so you have a better idea of what I
might be working on. Thanks

Merry Christmas

This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com