From: "Steven Levine" <gnuports@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [GNU Ports] Building privoxy - need to specify PTHREAD_LIB - why?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 22:20:00 -0800

   at 12:27 AM, "Lewis G Rosenthal" <gnuports@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Lewis,

How snowed in are you?

>I'm using gcc 9.2.0. I wonder if I should try building with a different
>gcc,  and if the behavior is different (different=does not require a full
>path to  the library), perhaps a bug report is in order?

I doubt that's going to do anything helpful in this case.  To see the
buitin specs, use:

  gcc -dumpspecs

Search for pthreads and compare what the option provides to what the link
says is provided on other platforms.  We support -pthread, but not
-pthreads.  It is somewhat interesting that considering the age of this
link, our gcc's have never supported the -pthreads option.

Steven