From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <gnuports@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [GNU Ports] Building privoxy - need to specify PTHREAD_LIB - why?
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:10:46 -0500

Hi...

On 02/01/22 01:20 am, Steven Levine wrote:
    at 12:27 AM, "Lewis G Rosenthal" <gnuports@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi Lewis,

How snowed in are you?

Not at all...yet. Headed back up to NY tonight, where we should have 14-16" (and I need to get the driveway plowed today before my arrival). Northern Virginia was spared this last time, though I believe there's a new storm headed this way down here in the next couple of days (oh, joy).

I'm using gcc 9.2.0. I wonder if I should try building with a different
gcc,  and if the behavior is different (different=does not require a full
path to  the library), perhaps a bug report is in order?
I doubt that's going to do anything helpful in this case.  To see the
buitin specs, use:

   gcc -dumpspecs

Search for pthreads and compare what the option provides to what the link
says is provided on other platforms.  We support -pthread, but not
-pthreads.  It is somewhat interesting that considering the age of this
link, our gcc's have never supported the -pthreads option.

Interesting, indeed.