From: "Dave Yeo" <gnuports@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [GNU Ports] awk?
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 21:37:58 -0800

On 01/07/18 09:29 PM, Robert Kuropkat wrote:
Just checked out the perl source from NetLabs svn.  The Configure script
seems to want awk.  I don't see that available in any obvious place.

Install gawk, it's a superset of awk and should work. Hmm looking, gawk installs a symlink to awk. Usually configure checks for the various common versions of tools.

I may be looking in the wrong place but I've not found a wiki with build
instructions for perl.  I was assuming it would be Configure, make, make
test, make install.  I've not yet dug into the process of creating the
rpm either, but that is next.

It's been a long time since I built Perl but as I remember, it just needs the common tools, which includes [g]awk. Configure should continue to tell you if you're missing stuff.
Dave

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com