From: "Robert Kuropkat" <gnuports@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [GNU Ports] man and man pages?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 21:06:43 -0500
To: gnuports@2rosenthals.com

I'll check these out, including die.net.  I search for man pages online all the time also, but it is usually for something I don't have installed yet (or if I work someplace that sees man pages as a security threat).  However, I do prefer the immediate satisfaction of  typing man <command> in the same window my fingers are already in :-)

Robert

On 01/08/2018 07:44 PM, Steven Levine wrote:
In <list-1860860@2rosenthals.com>, on 01/07/18
    at 07:38 PM, "Dave Yeo" <gnuports@2rosenthals.com> said:

Hi guys,

don't think there is a current man reader install-able with RPM/YUM.
There's the old EMX man reader and a few others on hobbes
FWIW, I current use the EMX build of:

   man.exe, version 1.5g

which works well with our less port.

There's also Alex's

   http://www.altsan.org/programming/rexx/simpleman.zip

and most man
pages are available on the web.
Another FWIW, my typical online man page search is

   man man page site:die.net

because I prefer the die.net formatting.

Steven