From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <gnuports@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [GNU Ports] CFLAGS for rpmbuild
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 00:19:03 -0500

On 12/30/18 11:30 pm, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
I hate answering myself...

On 12/30/18 11:22 pm, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
Hi, all...

My normal CFLAGS setting is:

-g -O2 -Zexe

which seems non-optimal, but which surely lacks -march= and -mtune= options. However, while running rpmbuild for cabextract (new package to extract from those pesky Window cabinet files), I see:

Executing(%build): /@unixroot/usr/bin/sh -e /@unixroot/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.7kQWZx
[...]
* CFLAGS=-O2 -g -march=i386 -mtune=i686 ./configure --prefix=/usr

This is surely not coming from ~/.rpmrc, so...where is this set?

Okay, it helps to look at the right (new enough) documentation. This is coming from /@unixroot/usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc, and overrides should go to either ~/.rpmrc or /etc/rpmrc.

So, how to set up to build both i686 and pentium4 packages from rpmbuild?

Yes, yes... the --target= option for rpmbuild.

Reading is a wonderful thing.

Still would like some input on the CFLAGS overall, however. I'm a little concerned about -Zhigh-mem and what I might need to do there concerning adding os2safe.h, i.e., how to easily determine what is using an OS/2 API.