Message #11 des archives de la Liste gotcha-dev@2rosenthals.com

De: "Gregg Young" <ygk@qwest.net> En-têtes complèts
Message brut
Sujet: Re: [gotcha-dev] Gotcha 1.80 beta 1
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 16:31:41 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 18:07:02 -0500 Lewis G Rosenthal
wrote:

>On 02/26/18 05:27 pm, Andy Willis wrote:
>>Lewis wrote:
>>>Hi...

>the
>version
>>>>

>>>Okay. I'll check this out this evening, when I am in
>front of "ye olde
>>>teste boxe."

>different

>18:21:38
>01:52:34
>>>>

>>>Yes, we were aware of this, and it caused some
>discussion before
>>>release. I thought we exorcised the one in \OS2\DLL,
>but as it should
>>>come after \usr\lib in LIBPATH, it was never such a
big
>deal. I think it
>>>may be there as a fallback for some other stuff in
>case the GBM RPM is
>>>uninstalled. Andy will hopefully remember better than
>I.
>>>
>>>Thanks again. I'll follow up later with some tests.
>>>
>>>Also, I will chat with Rich about the subclassing of
the
>settings
>>>notebook page for this, and see what guidance he
>may provide.
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>
>>I built the RPM and set it to install in the typical
>\usr\lib... the one in os2\dll is I believe an old one.  I am
>not sure what puts it there, I think it ships with OS/2
>though.
>>

>I found the thread in my staff list archives from before
>you were added. Steve and I discussed it, but it never
>got any farther along. I'll open a ticket at AN. If the fact
>is that we keep the older one in place as a fallback,
then
>no harm done, but recall that LIBPATHSTRICT can do
>some weird things, and between this and Lucide, we
may
>not want the older library just sitting there waiting for us
>to chase our tails trying to find something to resolve a
>ticket of "program won't start."

I am guessing the one in os2\dll is missing part of the
formats (jpeg 2000 maybe more). If you think keeping
both is the way to go they should probably be synced.
The ticket "can't open jp2 files but png still works" in
Lucide would also be an adventure. Thanks

Gregg

Abonner: Direct, Résumé, Index.
Désabonner
Écrire au gestionnaire de la liste