From: "Gregg Young" <gotcha-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [gotcha-dev] Gotcha 2.0.1 RC 2
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 11:10:06 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Lewis

A drop of RC 4 will follow.

>>>Gotcha Quiet still seems to want to find *some* ini file, even if that
>>>file is 0-length, otherwise it will throw an error for the missing
>>>file.
>>If this still happens please provide the exact error message.
>>

>The INI-file ("gotchaq.ini") could not be opened! Defaults will be used.
>
>Yes, this still happens with RC2, and it appears to be
>IDS_ERROR_INIFILENOTOPEN.

I have no idea why this happens the error message is in an "if" that should prevent the code from reaching it. I verified this with PMPrintf. I have set it up so the ini is written to the mem drive.

If you want to see if I finally managed to suppress this error try it using -i+. The attempt to open the setting should at least be gone.

>>>It also displays an opening splash when the error is dismissed,
>>>requiring OK to proceed. Is this intentional?
>>No
>
>The window displayed says:
>
>Gotcha! Quiet Settings (titlebar)

This is part of the error. It is suppose to allow you to set the language which no longer is possible in Gotcha Quiet.

>It has the About information, no tabs, and OK, Undo, and Help buttons
>with the latter two greyed out.
>
>Also, I am not getting any images saved to %MEMDRIVE% now, at all.
>Opening the settings with Alt-PrtSc, the Save directory is listed as:
>
>Z/

Ya I assumed that %MEMDRIVE% was drive: not just drive. This is fixed.

> [...]
>the behavior (likely because we can't write the INI file).
>
>>>Now, is the save directory hardcoded to z:? This can't be. I would
>>>suggest adding a parameter to specify the save directory. This way, we
>>>could do something like:
>>>
>>>\sys\apps\gotcha\gotchaq -i %MEMDRIVE%:\
>>I can do this but I now just get the MEMDRIVE env variable and use it.
>>All saves to the root of the MEMDRIVE.
>
>I forgot that we discussed this in AN ticket 1056. If you get the
>%MEMDRIVE% variable, you'll need to append the ":\" to it.
>
>>>because we can't guarantee that Z: will always be the RAM disk (we
>>>fall
>>>back from there if Z: is not available, but the variable will always
>>>point to whatever letter was ultimately used).
>>>
>>>Runtime Issues:
>>>
>>>1. After a successful screen capture, Gotcha Quiet leaves the
>>>previously-focused window in the background.
>>This should be fixed
>>

>Confirmed fixed.
>
>>>This is problematic in that
>>>it renders navigating the installer difficult to navigate, as it is
>>>unclear to the user that the installer is in the background.
>>>
>>>2. Upon my 2nd PrtSc press, Gotcha Quiet prompted me for a save
>>>location. IOW:
>>This should also be fixed
>
>Confirmed fixed.
>
>>>ArcaOS installer started; I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps
>>>I returned focus to the installer and advanced to the license page;
>>>I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps - and was presented with a Save
>>>screenshot to ... dialog, which defaulted to the Gotcha directory on
>>>the
>>>ISO.
>>>
>>>I went to System Management and restarted the installer.
>>>I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps (no prompt)
>>>I returned focus to the installer and advanced to the license page;
>>>I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps - and was presented with a Save
>>>screenshot to ... dialog, which defaulted to the Gotcha directory on
>>>the
>>>ISO.
>>>
>>>I went to System Management and deleted the saved pngs.
>>>I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps - and was presented with a Save
>>>screenshot to ... dialog, which defaulted to the Gotcha directory on
>>>the
>>>ISO.
>>>
>>>Pressing Alt-PrtSc brought up the settings dialog. The Save page was
>>>set
>>>to Prompt for filename. Perhaps we are reverting to default behavior
>>>because the INI cannot be written.
>>>
>>Right now the save directory and the use of numbered save file can not
>>be changed from the settings for installs. I can probably make them
>>selectable if really needed.
>>
>>Please try this with a Spanish installer and see if the language is set
>>properly.
>>

>It seems to be, yes. That said, the first tab and page of the options
>dialog for gotchaq is blank. Ayuda does nothing (no help launched).

Try this again.

I have reworked it so the save type and directory can be changed for the case where someone wants to save to the install stick or an accessible fixed drive. Are you planning on allowing for the screen shots to be upload like the log files?
Thanks

Gregg