From: "Rich Walsh" <rich@e-vertise.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [gotcha-dev] Gotcha 2.0 Beta 6
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 02:06:28 -0500

Hi,

>> Does the PrintScreen key in the ini have a different
>> name? It is PM_ControlPanel->PrintScreen in English.
>
> I was just looking at those strings earlier, wondering which ones
> should be translated and which should not.

INI keys and the like should *never* be translated - that's a good
way to render someone's system dysfunctional if they switch languages.
Only user-facing UI items should be translated.

>> Last question what should I do with shift+prtscr?

IMHO, nothing. If you can't find a compelling use for it,
leave it alone.

>> Try setting the capture type to something other than screen, then
>> open a menu on a window and try capturing it. Nice hang.
[...]
>> This is a PM issue the open menu steals the mouse button message
>> and it never gets to Gotcha that's why it hangs.

I just encountered something similar (or worse?). While writing this
using my ancient copy of PMMail, I pressed PrintScrn. The pointer
changed but the compose window retained the focus. I then pressed
Escape to cancel the capture but instead I got a popup from PMMail
asking if I wanted to close the unsent email. After I cancelled
that popup, Gotchaq no longer responded to any P/S combo though
it was still running.

It may be that the msg queue hook is getting unset. I'll do some
poking-around and see what I can come up with.

Enjoy your trip to Seattle, Gregg...

Rich Walsh

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com