From: "Gregg Young" <ygk@qwest.net> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [gotcha-dev] Gotcha 2.0 beta 12
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 21:38:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 21:22:22 -0400 Lewis wrote:

>Hi, Gregg...
>
>On 06/01/18 07:31 pm, Gregg Young wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>Changes:
>>Optimized PM print screen off/on code.
>>Fixed capture of "region confirmation dialog".
>>Updated resources so Gotcha! works with all
>languages.
>>Cleaned up settings notebook and about dialog
>>formatting.
>>Moved more strings to the STRINGTABLE.
>>Updated readme.
>>
>>Outstanding issues:
>>Default setting for reopen after capture of Gotcha
>Quiet
>>settings. It is currently no; can change to yes or make
it
>>user settable. Would need to add a tab to the
notebook
>>to make it user settable.
>>

>I need a couple days of playing to provide a decent
>answer. Sorry for taking so long to even get back to
this.

>>Default setting for delayed capture; this is user
settable
>>and is currently no by default.
>>

>This is fine.
>
>>Handling of non "Screen" capture with menu open;
>>currently Gotcha Quiet grabs focus closing the menu
>>before you can make the selection (otherwise it
hangs).
>>can add a dialog for this (choices "capture" "don't" and
>>"help")
>>I could alternatively for window capture simply capture
>>the window with the open menu (no user selection).
>>

>Need to consider this.
>
>>Notes about GPL in Italian and PortBraz resources
and
>>help.
>>"Note from Thorsten: This file is not licensed under
the
>>GPL but copyright by rico Mendona."
>>Should I try to contact them? I think this is probably a
>>lack of understanding of the difference between
license
>>and copyright but can't be sure. Other alternatives are
>>remove the statements leaving the copyright or
remove
>>these from the distribution. Perhaps other option are
>>possible.
>>

>Contact would be my first choice, and perhaps we could
>get a couple new translators for ArcaOS, as a side
>benefit. :-)
I have been in contact with Thorsten but he was unable
to contact these translators. I will see what I can do in
this regard.

>>Help still needs to be updated.
>>

>Indeed. Let me see if I can get that back on my desk
>after the ArcaOS 5.0.3 release.
>
>>Seconds/20 setting. Milliseconds isn't really a good
>>option since the current default would be 10,000.
>>

>Well, a decisecond is 1/10 second and a centisecond is
>1/100. Unfortunately, few people recognize these
>(though perhaps not as few as those who are familiar
>with Planck time or Planck units).
>
>The more I consider this, the more I think that we're
kind
>of stuck with seconds/20 or "20ths of a second" or "[  ] /
>20 of a second" and none are particularly appealing.
>
>>At Warpstock I got a use case for letting print screen
>do
>>the PM default to printer. I am thinking I will provide a
>>command line switch to allow this. I would use the
>>settings notebook but I would need to add another tab
>>fit it in.
>>

>I thought that if Print Screen were enabled in the
Screen
>Properties notebook (or where is the default location
>without XWP? Desktop Properties?), then we would
just
>go to the printer. Why is there a need for yet another
>setting, here?

I have turned the PM print screen off when Gotcha Quiet
is running. I prefer that the print screen key activates
Gotcha. I have no use for the print to printer behavior
and believe that will be the case for most people. Note if
printing from Firefox actually worked there would be no
use case for this.

Since I have figured out how to always turn PM print
screen off a setting will be required to turn it back on. I
also need to rework the key capture to account for this
or print screen will cause both to occur.  One other note I
do not touch the PM print screen setting so print screen
works as set when Gotcha Quiet isn't running.

>>I have committed all the changes.
>>

>Thanks, and again, sorry for the late follow-up.

Not a problem. I know you are busy with 5.0.3. Thanks