Van: "Gregg Young" <gotcha-dev@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [gotcha-dev] Gotcha 2.0.1 RC 2
Datum: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 15:51:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 19:26:17 -0400 Lewis wrote:

>Hi, Gregg...
>
>On 07/17/21 02:40 pm, Gregg Young wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>Attached is Gotcha 2.0.1 RC 2. I have an RC 1 which I don't think I
>>released but... This release includes the following changes:
>>1. Uses unicode to list all the program languages correctly in their
>>own language.
>>2. Language is now set from the LANG environment variable unless it is
>>overridden. It can only be overridden in Gotcha as the language is no
>>longer selectible in Gotcha Quiet.
>>3. Help language is no longer separately selectible and is set based on
>>the program language.
>>4. Added Spanish translation from Alfredo.
>>5. Clean up of settings dialog and documentation.
>>6. Added some hard coded errors to the string table.
>>7. #ifdef out more code not used by Gotcha Quiet.
>>8. Add -i switch to Gotcha Quiet for use from RO media during AOS
>>install. It suppresses the ini error messages, sets the save directory
>>to z:\ and sets the file save type to numbered files (that are 8.3
>>format).
>>
>>Give it a try. Hopefully, no (or at least not many new bugs). Thanks
>>

>Setting aside the expected requirement for pmprintf.dll in a test build

This should be gone.
>Gotcha Quiet still seems to want to find *some* ini file, even if that
>file is 0-length, otherwise it will throw an error for the missing
>file.

If this still happens please provide the exact error message.

It also displays an opening splash when the error is dismissed,
>requiring OK to proceed. Is this intentional?

No

>Now, is the save directory hardcoded to z:? This can't be. I would
>suggest adding a parameter to specify the save directory. This way, we
>could do something like:
>
>\sys\apps\gotcha\gotchaq -i %MEMDRIVE%:\

I can do this but I now just get the MEMDRIVE env variable and use it. All saves to the root of the MEMDRIVE.

>because we can't guarantee that Z: will always be the RAM disk (we fall
>back from there if Z: is not available, but the variable will always
>point to whatever letter was ultimately used).
>
>Runtime Issues:
>
>1. After a successful screen capture, Gotcha Quiet leaves the
>previously-focused window in the background.

This should be fixed

This is problematic in that
>it renders navigating the installer difficult to navigate, as it is
>unclear to the user that the installer is in the background.
>
>2. Upon my 2nd PrtSc press, Gotcha Quiet prompted me for a save
>location. IOW:

This should also be fixed

>ArcaOS installer started; I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps
>I returned focus to the installer and advanced to the license page;
>I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps - and was presented with a Save
>screenshot to ... dialog, which defaulted to the Gotcha directory on the
>ISO.
>
>I went to System Management and restarted the installer.
>I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps (no prompt)
>I returned focus to the installer and advanced to the license page;
>I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps - and was presented with a Save
>screenshot to ... dialog, which defaulted to the Gotcha directory on the
>ISO.
>
>I went to System Management and deleted the saved pngs.
>I pressed PrtSc & heard the beeps - and was presented with a Save
>screenshot to ... dialog, which defaulted to the Gotcha directory on the
>ISO.
>
>Pressing Alt-PrtSc brought up the settings dialog. The Save page was set
>to Prompt for filename. Perhaps we are reverting to default behavior
>because the INI cannot be written.

Right now the save directory and the use of numbered save file can not be changed from the settings for installs. I can probably make them selectable if really needed.

Please try this with a Spanish installer and see if the language is set properly.

Thanks

Gregg

>Alternative:
>
>We could put the INI on the RAM disk. This would allow the user to set
>it if necessary, even if it could only be used for that session. In this
>case -i should actually just be an option to specify the location of the
>INI file, which must reside on a writable volume. The default setting
>should be to autosave to the same location as the INI, so using our
>previous example:
>
>\sys\apps\gotcha\gotchaq -i %MEMDRIVE%:\
>
>would direct gotchaq.exe to find GOTCHAQ.INI in %MEMDRIVE%:\ and set
>that as the default save location. If the INI does not already exist on
>the RAM disk, it should be created (so we don't need to maintain and
>ship an extra file).
>
>--
>Lewis

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><gotcha-dev-digest@2rosenthals.com>
>To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to
><gotcha-dev-index@2rosenthals.com>
>Send administrative queries to <gotcha-dev-request@2rosenthals.com>
>and reply to the confirmation email.
>Web archives are publicly available at: http://lists.2rosenthals.com
>
>This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
>P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
>electronic communications related to content
>contained in these messages should be directed
>to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

Bijgevoegd bestand:  Gotcha-2-0-1-RC_3.wpi (534474 bytes)

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.
Afmelden
Mail naar ListMaster