From: "Lewis" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-92-0-RC_16.wpi
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 21:09:55 -0400

On 10/08/20 05:26 pm, Gregg Young wrote:
On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 16:50:11 -0400 Lewis wrote:
Hi...

On 10/08/20 04:17 pm, Gregg Young wrote:
Hi

I fixed switching from a full screen session. Hopefully the last thing
I broke when I prevented hotkeys from acting on tasks that didn't
support them. Nothing else was changed. The change has been committed.
Thanks

This seems to address the issue. I still wish there were a way to switch
to the active desktop (XPager) upon returning,
I don't understand what you are saying here. If I focus one of the Xpager desktop other than the first one and then switch to FS Dos if I pick desktop and switch back I end up on the same desktop I started from. This is using the Taskbar. If I pick an app it take me to the app on whichever desktop it happens to be on even if that isn't where I switched to DOS from.

LOL...

Okay, I stand corrected. Somewhere along the line, I must have toggled that setting to follow the active window.

Now it works as I recall.

What are your XPager settings? I have Desktop follows active window check on mine. If I uncheck it I see the behavior you are seeing. This happens with the widget also.

On the system where I test the widget, that setting was already toggled on. That explains the discrepancy.

but I just tested 2.90
and got the same result, so that's nothing new (I just normally use it
to toggle between windows active on the current desktop and the DOS
session, so I didn't recall this quirk). This is consistent with how
the taskbar and popups behave. However, on the T560, where I am using
the widget, I can freely move to the correct desktop for the selected
app when selecting it there. I attribute this to the fact that the
focus change is occurring through XWP, which is aware of which desktop
contains which app.

Thanks for the fix, Gregg. I just happen to be working on a client's
stuff for the October 15 tax deadline, and she uses Quicken 6 for DOS,
so I am toggling back and forth this week. Timing is everything in life.
Glad I could help. (Quicken 6 for DOS???) Thanks

Don't knock Quicken for DOS. It's blindingly fast for a lot of stuff, and if all one needs is an electronic check register, it works just fine. I wish more clients would use it. I could write a book about the terribly broken QuickBooks files I get to see (honestly, people have no idea what balance sheets are, the difference between cash and accrual methods of accounting, inventory...QuickBooks just complicates matters for so many people who just need to make deposits, write checks, and track credit card purchases).

;-)