From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: lSwitcher 2.92: can't invoke XShutdown now : (
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 01:03:03 +0100

Hi all,

I missed the release of lsw2.92rc16 as the official lSwitcher 2.92; among other factors, it's still in /incoming at Hobbes (where by the way the long description looks like it has been chewed and spat out) but hey.

Turns out I hadn't noticed before that the last few RCs did away with a "hidden feature" I use a lot: in XWP, in the Desktop properties label for XShutdown, you can enable "Alt+F4 on Desktop shuts system down" or something similar. Then from the PM popup in lSwitcher, you could select the Desktop, and then hit "c" for "close", and reboot after you closed everything you wanted to, without ever taking your fingers off the same few keys.

Of course, after Gregg was done removing stuff that didn't apply to the currently selected task in the popup (as advised by yours truly f.e.), that became impossible -- no wonder, since the Desktop never had a "close" method like other WPS folders!

I really miss that. Can we have it back, even if it was never officially there?

Gregg, are you up for this, or against? Do you prefer I open a ticket?

Thank you,
Alfred.