lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #142

Da: "Lewis" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Properties notebook verbiage (was: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-93-0-RC_1.wpi)
Data: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 23:09:27 -0500
A: lSwitcher Developers Mailing List <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com>

Hi, Gregg...

On 11/21/20 06:28 pm, Gregg Young wrote:

<snip>

Lewis I saw your ticket 79 but I am not clear as to exactly what you are asking for. Thanks

The gist of it is that we have a properties notebook with four tabs:

Popup | Taskbar | Miscellaneous | About

In the help, we refer to the "Taskbar" as the standalone lSwitcher bar, and "Widget" as the XCenter widget. The properties tab includes settings for both the Taskbar and the Widget, so the label is misleading (implying only Taskbar settings on those pages). In fact, page 2 of that tab includes Mouse actions, and page 3 has our Exclude filters. Clearly, the label "Taskbar" is inappropriate.

My suggestion is to rename this tab "List" and to change the title of the first page from "General" to "Appearance" and splitting the page into two areas:

Common

   3D look
   Group items
   Icons only
   Maximum button width
   Auto hide delay

Taskbar

   Enable
   Auto hide
   Allow resizing
   Auto resize
   Flat buttons
   Top of screen
   Bottom of screen
   Reduce desktop workarea

What is not mentioned in the ticket is that it would be more appropriate to reorder the tabs:

List | Popup | Miscellaneous | About

Finally, and also not mentioned in the ticket, is that tabs with only a single page should not say "Page 1 of 1". In most notebooks, the page number is omitted.

This is all fit and finish stuff, of course, aside from the textual changes.

Thanks