From: "Doug Bissett" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: [lswitcher-dev] 2.90 RC was Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher documentation issues and functional clarifications
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 11:44:30 -0600 (MDT)

On 2017-10-21, at 10:28:34, Gregg Young wrote:

>Hi Doug
>

>>>I have updated the settings notebook and made
>>changes
>>>to the standalone taskbar desktop menu based on
>this
>>>thread. I have not addressed the Scroll message
>>divider.
>>>
>>>It also should fix the system specific install, pmprintf
>>>dependency and installs the help in the help path.
>>>
>>>Let me know what you think. Thanks
>>
>>I tried lswitcher-2-82p.wpi (which was attached). It still
>>requires
>>PMPRINTF.
>
>Off now.

Promise?  :-)

>>I tried the widget version. A quick test seems to be
>good.
>>Help shows
>>up when requested (I didn't read much of it).
>
>The help has just been updated by Lewis anyway.
>

>>I tried the stand alone version, and put the bar to the
>top
>>of the
>>screen. Overall, it looks okay. Again, I didn't read every
>>word in the
>>help.
>>
>>One thing, that I am seeing, is that the bar flashes
>>white, every once
>>in a while, for no apparent reason (standalone version).
>
>I think what you are seeing is the focus changes. The
>window with focus is highlighted and the highlighting
>changes as you change the window with focus,

I don't think so. I see the flash when nothing is happening. Changing
the focus doesn't seem to do it.

>You probably have the widget set to 3D look where the
>highlighting is more subtle. Maybe I should make the 3D
>look the default.

3D was on, so I turned it off. I still see the flash. Then, I tried the
rest of the settings. The only things that stop it, are Enable, and
Auto hide. Both sort of defeat the purpose of having the bar.

There is no pattern to it. Sometimes it goes about 5 minutes without
doing it, and other times, it will do it 6 times in a minute, even when
I don't touch anything. I would think that it is doing some sort of
display refresh, but I don't know why it would be doing that, nothing
changes.

--
From Doug Bissett's ArcaOS system
dougb007 at telus.net