Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher 2.92 RC 6
Datum: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 20:46:04 -0400
Za: lSwitcher Developers Mailing List <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com>

Hi...

On 08/30/20 06:06 pm, Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:
Hi,

stirred up Yahoo! webmail a bit, and messages seem to be coming through again. Will try out RC6 tomorrow evening. Thanks.

;-)

On 20/08/30 22:04, Lewis wrote:
Alfredo: In the Priority dialog help section, a couple definition list titles
overrun the tab, overlapping with the definition text (Servidor en primer
plano, Crucial para la temporizaci�n). I would suggest breaking the titles so
as to avoid an even wider tab.

Yes, will split 'Servidor', sure. As for 'crucial para la temporizaci�n', that is just about the worst possible translation I could come up with yesterday, in more ways than one, but it wasn't my finest hour. I know what the help says 'time-critical' is, but could anyone please try and give me a couple synonyms that I can hopefully use tomorrow as an inspiration?

Well the dialog itself just says "Crítica". Whether this may be improved upon is another matter. Let's see...

Perhaps "Critical" is the best English substitute (not a synonym, as it's part of the original). The point is that threads of this class will take precedence even over foreground server. Unlike foreground server, these threads cannot be interrupted by any other class for any reason.

Thank you in advance.

HTH

PS - I'm also somewhat confused concerning process priority as it pertains to VDMs. AFAIK, the only control over VDMs is delta, and this may only be set in the DOS SETTINGS, prior to session start. I thought all VDMs were class 2 priority, and the delta applied to all active VDMs in the system. More investigation needed for this, I guess.