From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-93-0-RC_2.wpi
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 01:15:06 +0100

Hi

On 20/11/26 20:54, Gregg Young wrote:
Hi

Attached is lSwitcher-2-93-0-RC_2.wpi. This should fix all of Lewis' fit and finish
issues with the settings notebook.

It also fixes the global page font issue and  > hopefully fixes the popup window hints.

I don't know whether what I see is always what I should be seeing (only one VPC system tested so far), so here's a list, let's see what you think, and tell me if you can't reproduce any of the problems:

-First, I don't see Times New Roman MT 30 used anywhere for Spanish, German or English (all text in the Global tab is the default AOS sans-serif), yet Russian and Czech characters display perfectly. I think this is good.

-The mystery square (after "Ctrl+alt+") is back in the Spanish dialog, but not for other languages (e.g. German).

-When I switch to Polish, Czech or Russian (good thing they sound similar enough that I can navigate around) *everything* in lSwitch is set to Times New Roman MT 30: the whole notebook, and also the taskbar menus. Good for the sake of consistency, but I'm not sure whether this is intentional.

-When the standalone UI is switched to any Times MT 30 font language, drawing the notebook or menus becomes sluggish. I can see individual controls appear on each notebook tab. Switching back to other languages using the default sans-serif font, everything is back to normal again too.

Widget menus and the notebook seem unaffected and are drawn at normal speed using the Times font for PL/CZ/RU, though.

The Times New Roman FT 30 font size has been changed to 8 pt.
Do you think it is too small (this is for PL CZ and RU)? Thanks

I would probably squint at that after a while, but OTOH I would also be using bigger displays normally -- it is probably acceptable.

More stuff:

See the XCenter widget context menu for the XCenter in the attached screenshot:
-What's with the double line?
-The menu font is inconsistent with the one in the submenu. Not a problem per se, but it looks pretty ugly.

And a lot of stuff seems to be going on now with the PM popup, some really serious issues:
-Tasks displayed in the popup are not refreshed after closing one task.
-The hints display also seems to get stuck: whatever appears there when the popup pops up does not refresh, no matter what tasks you select.
-The hints font is displayed as bold when the popup is first displayed, then quickly changes to normal.
-The hints font displays OK now, but is slightly different (why?). Also, and more importantly: sometimes it's black as before, and sometimes blue as task titles.

That's all (!) for now, I think.

Thank you,

Attached File:  lsw_widget_menu.png (108735 bytes)