From: Lewis <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] 2.90 RC was Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher documentation issues and functional clarifications
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 14:40:21 -0400

Hi, guys...

On 2017-10-21, at 10:28:34, Gregg Young wrote:
Hi Doug

I have updated the settings notebook and made
changes
to the standalone taskbar desktop menu based on
this
thread. I have not addressed the Scroll message
divider.
It also should fix the system specific install, pmprintf
dependency and installs the help in the help path.

Let me know what you think. Thanks

Looks like we're not detecting ArcaOS. Help defaults to <bootdrive>\eCS\HELP which does not exist on ArcaOS. I also get another copy of lswitch.hlp in the program directory *and* in the widget directory. :-) Now, I understand the reasoning behind having the second copy in the widget directory, but the one in the program directory should not be required if we're installing to a directory in %HELP%.

Have you committed the latest WIS, Gregg? I can take a look at it, if you like (still getting the footnotes fixed in the help...).

I tried lswitcher-2-82p.wpi (which was attached). It still
requires
PMPRINTF.
Off now.
Promise?  :-)

:-)

I tried the widget version. A quick test seems to be
good.
Help shows
up when requested (I didn't read much of it).
The help has just been updated by Lewis anyway.

Getting there.

FWIW, I moved the changes back to the History text file, and just inserted a one-liner in its place directing the user to History located in the lSwitcher installation directory.

I also linked in the text of the GPL v2 as License, and changed License to Copyright, trimming the redundant disclaimer of warranty from that section.

I still need to review the context sensitivity to make sure I haven;t broken anything and to see what's up with the "nervous" behavior when opening a page from the Properties notebook.

I tried the stand alone version, and put the bar to the
top
of the
screen. Overall, it looks okay. Again, I didn't read every
word in the
help.

One thing, that I am seeing, is that the bar flashes
white, every once
in a while, for no apparent reason (standalone version).
I think what you are seeing is the focus changes. The
window with focus is highlighted and the highlighting
changes as you change the window with focus,
I don't think so. I see the flash when nothing is happening. Changing
the focus doesn't seem to do it.

Interesting.

You probably have the widget set to 3D look where the
highlighting is more subtle. Maybe I should make the 3D
look the default.
3D was on, so I turned it off. I still see the flash. Then, I tried the
rest of the settings. The only things that stop it, are Enable, and
Auto hide. Both sort of defeat the purpose of having the bar.

There is no pattern to it. Sometimes it goes about 5 minutes without
doing it, and other times, it will do it 6 times in a minute, even when
I don't touch anything. I would think that it is doing some sort of
display refresh, but I don't know why it would be doing that, nothing
changes.

I always use:

Enabled
Auto hide
Flat buttons
3D look
Icons only

Bottom of screen

Perhaps I'm not seeing it because I auto-hide it. I'm doing another test install and will keep it visible.

[time]

On the test box I *can* confirm this flashing behavior. For me, once I turned off Reduce Desktop workarea (which, BTW, is specifically mentioned in the known issues to *possibly* conflict with XCenter's option of the same name - or anything else reducing the Desktop workarea), the flickering stopped. Please confirm that this is not the case for you, Doug.
don't see
that with the widget. Some people could have serious
problems with
that.

Indeed, on the test system (one of the boot volumes on the T520), I've been using the widget, and have not seen this (Panorama).