Mensaje archivado #160 de la Lista lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com

De: "Gregg Young" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Encabezados Completos
Mensaje no decodificado
Asunto: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-93-0-RC_2.wpi
Fecha: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 20:19:08 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 01:15:06 +0100 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:

>Hi
>
>On 20/11/26 20:54, Gregg Young wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>Attached is lSwitcher-2-93-0-RC_2.wpi. This should fix all of Lewis'
>>fit and finish
>>issues with the settings notebook.
>
>>It also fixes the global page font issue and > hopefully fixes the
>>popup window hints.
>
>I don't know whether what I see is always what I should be seeing (only
>one VPC system tested so far), so here's a list, let's see what you
>think, and tell me if you can't reproduce any of the problems:
>
>-First, I don't see Times New Roman MT 30 used anywhere for Spanish,
>German or English (all text in the Global tab is the default AOS
>sans-serif), yet Russian and Czech characters display perfectly. I think
>this is good.

I have it so New Times Roman is only used for Polish, Czech or Russian.

>-The mystery square (after "Ctrl+alt+") is back in the Spanish dialog,
>but not for other languages (e.g. German).

I will look at this.

>-When I switch to Polish, Czech or Russian (good thing they sound
>similar enough that I can navigate around) *everything* in lSwitch is
>set to Times New Roman MT 30: the whole notebook, and also the taskbar
>menus. Good for the sake of consistency, but I'm not sure whether this
>is intentional.

It is intentional. Only the hints and title in the popup aren't Times New Roman MT 30.

>-When the standalone UI is switched to any Times MT 30 font language,
>drawing the notebook or menus becomes sluggish. I can see individual
>controls appear on each notebook tab. Switching back to other languages
>using the default sans-serif font, everything is back to normal again
>too.

Times New Roman MT 30 is the only choice for these languages except where by luck the subset of characters used exists in another font. I may need to change the popup title font when we start seeing process names in these languages.

>Widget menus and the notebook seem unaffected and are drawn at normal
>speed using the Times font for PL/CZ/RU, though.
>
>>The Times New Roman FT 30 font size has been changed to 8 pt.
>>Do you think it is too small (this is for PL CZ and RU)? Thanks
>
>I would probably squint at that after a while, but OTOH I would also be
>using bigger displays normally -- it is probably acceptable.
>
>More stuff:
>
>See the XCenter widget context menu for the XCenter in the attached
>screenshot:
>-What's with the double line?

No idea. I will look at it.

>-The menu font is inconsistent with the one in the submenu. Not a
>problem per se, but it looks pretty ugly.
>
>And a lot of stuff seems to be going on now with the PM popup, some
>really serious issues:
>-Tasks displayed in the popup are not refreshed after closing one task.

Fixed

>-The hints display also seems to get stuck: whatever appears there when
>the popup pops up does not refresh, no matter what tasks you select.

Fixed

>-The hints font is displayed as bold when the popup is first displayed,
>then quickly changes to normal.
>-The hints font displays OK now, but is slightly different (why?).

Probably a slightly different font size. Thanks

Gregg

Also,
>and more importantly: sometimes it's black as before, and sometimes blue
>as task titles.
>
>That's all (!) for now, I think.
>
>Thank you,
>

>----< Inline text [text-plain-02.txt] >------------------

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><lswitcher-dev-digest@2rosenthals.com>
>To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to
><lswitcher-dev-index@2rosenthals.com>
>Send administrative queries to <lswitcher-dev-request@2rosenthals.com>
>To subscribe (new addresses), E-mail to:
><lswitcher-dev-on@2rosenthals.com> and reply to the confirmation email.
>Web archives are publicly available at: http://lists.2rosenthals.com
>
>This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
>P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
>electronic communications related to content
>contained in these messages should be directed
>to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

Correo al dueño de la Lista