From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] Revisiting 2.92
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 12:31:01 +0100

On 20/11/29 00:02, Gregg Young wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2020 22:28:44 +0100 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:

Gregg,

On 20/11/28 21:07, Gregg Young wrote:
<snip>
Please send a screen shot of the problem. You may need to make the
popup sticky to do this. Thanks

Happy to send whatever files you need, and answer all of your questions
for all my current systems in my next email, if you could please clarify
what problem you are asking for a screenshot of, here.

The screenshot you attached is what I wanted. You probably sent it

Exactly, that's why I wasn't sure you meant that again :)

previously but I couldn't find it. Please try dropping a 10 or 12 point
System VIO font on the hints windows. There are 2 separate windows so you
will need to do it twice.  Note these won't stick but looking at the
screenshot it looks like the font is simply too small.

So absurdly small, in fact, that I thought the text was coming up misplaced and clipped or something like that, but you're right -- dropping a font setting on the hint windows fixes it. Actually, text overlaps badly at first right after the font drop, so the PM popup must be dismissed, and brought back on before everything looks right, which I guess is to be expected.

Naturally, the question is displaced slightly yet it remains essentially the same -- why did that happen with lSwitcher started one way, but not the other? It certainly looks a lot less like it may hold some secret key to fixing everything in one go, though :(

Oh, btw: the "fix" does stick. Another thing I wanted to report is that lswitch.ini is saved all the time now. Didn't we have a "Save" button for that?

What screen  resolution are you using? Thanks

That screenshot comes from a virtual test system running at 800x600 (it's very handy -- see the capture is not scaled), but the same happens on bare metal at 1280x1024.

Gregg

If you mean 2.92 PM popup hints breaking, see it attached -- but this
problem is not new. The new thing I started discussing in my previous
email, was not a problem but that I managed to make this problem *not*
happen -- by unpacking the wpi packages to a single directory.

Yes I understood that this is what you were telling me. Thanks

OK, sometimes we seem to talk past each other a bit so I wanted to make sure, sorry.

Thank you again,