Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporočil

Od: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporočilo
Zadeva: Re: [lswitcher-dev] Revisiting 2.92
Datum: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 17:03:47 +0100
Za: lSwitcher Developers Mailing List <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com>

On 20/11/29 23:28, Gregg Young wrote:
On Sun, 29 Nov 2020 12:31:01 +0100 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:

On 20/11/29 00:02, Gregg Young wrote:
<snip>
Please try dropping a 10 or 12 point System VIO font on the hints
windows. There are 2 separate windows so you will need to do it
twice. Note these won't stick but looking at the
screenshot it looks like the font is simply too small.

So absurdly small, in fact, that I thought the text was coming up
misplaced and clipped or something like that, but you're right --
dropping a font setting on the hint windows fixes it. Actually, text
overlaps badly at first right after the font drop, so the PM popup must
be dismissed, and brought back on before everything looks right, which I
guess is to be expected.

None of this makes any sense. If I do the drop here it doesn't stick but
it doesn't overlap.

It must be the wording, for it makes sense here: space for the hints seems to be allocated, based on font size, when the window pops up. If you drop a bigger font on the text windows, these don't fit in the space originally allocated but they do once the PM window is refreshed. I do not think it is that important, but see a screenshot anyway.

Naturally, the question is displaced slightly yet it remains essentially
the same -- why did that happen with lSwitcher started one way, but not
the other? It certainly looks a lot less like it may hold some secret
key to fixing everything in one go, though :(

You are probably correct but what is it telling us.

Wish I knew, or had the time to sit and set up a stable dev env and study the code.

Oh, btw: the "fix" does stick. Another thing I wanted to report is that
lswitch.ini is saved all the time now. Didn't we have a "Save" button
for that?

Yes but since we really don't have a cancel button and we save the setting
on termination they always get saved. This has been true since CS136.

What's CS136? Current SVN revision is 240+

One of the problems is that some things in the ini get changed outside the
settings notebook. The hints font for example.

I understand that, but it makes the button useless and misleading. Lacking a better approach (or UI) as of now, a 'fix' could be to save only non-UI stuff like fonts dropped, etc., unless Save is pressed (save everything). That would surely have its own problems.

What screen resolution are you using? Thanks

That screenshot comes from a virtual test system running at 800x600
(it's very handy -- see the capture is not scaled), but the same happens
on bare metal at 1280x1024.

This may have something to do with the font issue. I am running 1600x1200 on
my build setup and 1920x1080 on  5.0.6.0. Is your DPI font size set to default?

It must be, I haven't touched that on a single AOS system (all of my test systems but one are ArcaOS, and I haven't tested that one yet). Also, ArcaNoae must have started doing something different on 5.0.6.03, because it's when my standard test setup (which always comprised a clean AOS install + a clean test lswitcher install, and will include a second unpacked lswitcher from now on) started to show this tiny font issue.

Thanks,
Priponka:  lsw_dropfont.png (102924 Bytov)

Naročiti: Poročilo (Feed), Izvleček (Digest), Indeks.