Nachricht #173 aus Archiv der Liste lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com

Von: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Kopfzeilen anzeigen
E-Mail Quelltext
Betreff: Re: [lswitcher-dev] Revisiting 2.92
Datum: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 17:28:55 +0100
An: lSwitcher Developers Mailing List <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com>

On 20/11/30 21:43, Gregg Young wrote:
On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 17:03:47 +0100 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:

On 20/11/29 23:28, Gregg Young wrote:
<snip>
What's CS136?

Revision 136 I just checked and that was when the change was made.

  Current SVN revision is 240+

True

One of the problems is that some things in the ini get changed outside
the settings notebook. The hints font for example.

I understand that, but it makes the button useless and misleading.
Lacking a better approach (or UI) as of now, a 'fix' could be to save
only non-UI stuff like fonts dropped, etc., unless Save is pressed (save
everything). That would surely have its own problems.

Let me think about how best to handle this.

If I have some say on this, I think the "WPS" way may be both very easy to implement, and most convenient. This is just 'set stuff as you go', and save on close/exit, BUT with Undo and Default buttons on the UI. Then:

On notebook open: store a copy of any relevant variables as currently in use, and forget -- just let values be updated on the UI.
On Undo: restore the copied values above.
On Default: restore some default values.
On close: simply save the variable values.

This would even leave room for implementing a font selection UI eventually without affecting the global logic.

It would also have the advantage of further integrating lSwitcher with the system, as its settings notebook would behave more like the WPS ones everywhere.

Just my $0.02.

Thank you,

Abonnieren: Nachricht (Feed), Sammelnachricht (Digest), Index.
Abmelden
E-Mail an ListMaster