Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporočil

Od: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporočilo
Zadeva: Re: [lswitcher-dev] Revisiting 2.92
Datum: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 20:09:52 +0100
Za: lSwitcher Developers Mailing List <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com>

Hi Gregg!

On 20/12/11 19:38, Gregg Young wrote:
On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 17:28:55 +0100 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:
<snip>
If I have some say on this, I think the "WPS" way may be both very easy
to implement, and most convenient. This is just 'set stuff as you go',
and save on close/exit, BUT with Undo and Default buttons on the UI.
Then:

On notebook open: store a copy of any relevant variables as currently in
use, and forget -- just let values be updated on the UI.
On Undo: restore the copied values above.
On Default: restore some default values.
On close: simply save the variable values.

This would even leave room for implementing a font selection UI
eventually without affecting the global logic.

It would also have the advantage of further integrating lSwitcher with
the system, as its settings notebook would behave more like the WPS ones
everywhere.

Hi

Unfortunately implementing an actual "undo" is a nontrivial change.

Sure it's always easier said than done, but what's the main bump (we discussed this general idea long ago, and decided to stick with Save, and Hide, but you never mentioned where the non-triviality stemmed from in our case)?

I have determined that the random box on the Spanish Global page is caused
because it thinks that the à glyph is missing (obviously not).

Good to hear it's becoming less random (better chances to cure it I would hope), but why would that be? The à (I see an &agrave; here, check if that's what you meant) is not used in Spanish, ever, or the grave accent, for that matter.

I have tried everything I can think of including discussing it with Steven
and I can't get it to work properly. What is Spanish for notebook? Thanks

You generally want to translate "notebook" as "cuaderno"; as always, beware of translating isolated words, as these are the most prone to blunders. Also, other translations may be possible depending on context but right now I can't think of one you're likely to bump into.

Thank you,
Alfred.

Naročiti: Poročilo (Feed), Izvleček (Digest), Indeks.