Archivovaná správa #176 diskusnej skupiny lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com

Od: "Gregg Young" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Celá hlavička
Nedekódovaná správa
Hlavička: Re: [lswitcher-dev] Revisiting 2.92
Dátum: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 15:06:54 -0700 (MST)

Hi Alfred

>On 20/12/11 19:38, Gregg Young wrote:
>>On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 17:28:55 +0100 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:
><snip>
>>>If I have some say on this, I think the "WPS" way may be both very
>>>easy
>>>to implement, and most convenient. This is just 'set stuff as you go',
>>>and save on close/exit, BUT with Undo and Default buttons on the UI.
>>>Then:
>>>
>>>On notebook open: store a copy of any relevant variables as currently
>>>in
>>>use, and forget -- just let values be updated on the UI.
>>>On Undo: restore the copied values above.
>>>On Default: restore some default values.

Default is a problem also:

1. I would actually change some of the defaults if this was an option (e.g. I would always start the bar at the  top of the screen).
2. The default for the exclude list is to be empty. How should we handle this?
3. This must account for the differences between the taskbar and the widget. (2 sets of code to get out of sync)

>>>On close: simply save the variable values.
>>>
>>>This would even leave room for implementing a font selection UI
>>>eventually without affecting the global logic.
>>>
>>>It would also have the advantage of further integrating lSwitcher with
>>>the system, as its settings notebook would behave more like the WPS
>>>ones
>>>everywhere.
>>
>>Hi
>>
>>Unfortunately implementing an actual "undo" is a nontrivial change.
>
>Sure it's always easier said than done, but what's the main bump (we
>discussed this general idea long ago, and decided to stick with Save,
>and Hide, but you never mentioned where the non-triviality stemmed from
>in our case)?

1. What do we intend for "undo" to actually do? Should it undo all the changes on every page or just the current page? Should it close the dialog or leave it open for additional changes?
2. How do we handle exclude lists do I undo the last entry added/removed or do I need to determine all the entries made in this session for removal or adding back perhaps some of each kind.
3. Significant changes of this kind add complexity and as such more opportunity for defects. Is having what will probably be a little used option worth this?
4. This must account for the differences between the taskbar and the widget. (2 sets of code to get out of sync)

>>I have determined that the random box on the Spanish Global page is
>>caused
>>because it thinks that the à glyph is missing (obviously not).
>
>Good to hear it's becoming less random (better chances to cure it I
>would hope), but why would that be? The à (I see an &agrave; here, check
>if that's what you meant) is not used in Spanish, ever, or the grave
>accent, for that matter.

I have finally founded and fixed this. It turned out that some of my debugging code was actually causing part of the problem.

>>I have tried everything I can think of including discussing it with
>>Steven
>>and I can't get it to work properly. What is Spanish for notebook?
>>Thanks
>
>You generally want to translate "notebook" as "cuaderno"; as always,
>beware of translating isolated words, as these are the most prone to
>blunders.

I was going to change "dialog" to notebook to work around the font issue but now it isn't needed.

Thanks

Gregg

Also, other translations may be possible depending on context
>but right now I can't think of one you're likely to bump into.
>
>Thank you,
>Alfred.

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><lswitcher-dev-digest@2rosenthals.com>
>To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to
><lswitcher-dev-index@2rosenthals.com>
>Send administrative queries to <lswitcher-dev-request@2rosenthals.com>
>To subscribe (new addresses), E-mail to:
><lswitcher-dev-on@2rosenthals.com> and reply to the confirmation email.
>Web archives are publicly available at: http://lists.2rosenthals.com
>
>This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
>P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
>electronic communications related to content
>contained in these messages should be directed
>to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

Prihlásiť: Napĺňať, Súhrn, Index.
Odhlásiť
Mail na ListMastera