Nachricht #185 aus Archiv der Liste lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com

Von: "Dariusz Piatkowski" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Kopfzeilen anzeigen
E-Mail Quelltext
Betreff: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-93-0-RC_4.wpi
Datum: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:03:57 -0500 (EST)
An: "Gregg Young" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com>

Hi Gregg, everyone...

On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 13:20:26 -0700 (MST) Gregg Young wrote:
Hi

Attached is lSwitcher 2.93 RC 4. It hopefully fixes all of the font, menu and layout issues
identified by Alfred.

Attached please find the capture of the Taskbar and Global TABs from the Settings screen. These are done in both Polish (native speaker here, so there are a few suggestions I'd like to make about the translations, not sure how to go about it though, is that for the Translators list?) and English.

ENGLISH - looks good, the font issue I had previously reported is now gone.

POLISH - the font switches to something else, not sure what it is, but certainly it is readable. I did not try switching the font to something else. My regular language config is to use the following setup in CONFIG.SYS : CODEPAGE=850,852.

Here the 852 codepage is meant to provide a secondary codepage support for the Polish language. Not sure if this has any bearing on what I'm seeing, but I figured it might be worth mentioning.

Still to do/decide on.
1. ¨Adding undo to the settings?
A. make the hide button work as described in the help (ie only save non-settings stuff to the ini
on close?
B. Implement a full undo? This is from an earlier email:
a. What do we intend for "undo" to actually do? Should it undo all the changes on every page or
just the current page? Should it close the dialog or leave it open for additional changes?b. How do we handle exclude lists do I undo the last entry added/removed or do I need to
determine all the entries made in this session for removal or adding back perhaps some of each
kind.
c. Significant changes of this kind add complexity and as such more opportunity for defects. Is
having what will probably be a little used option worth this?

I think you hit the nail right on the head with the last point, my thinking: too much complexity for a feature that'll be rarely used. Not saying it's unimportant, but I'd wager a guess that whoever needs to use this, especially if it's a one-off type of a situation (as opposed to constant use) really won't be getting the time savings required to justify the coding effort & time required to implement.

Thanks once again Gregg for the awesome work!

-Dariusz

Bild
LSWITCH_293_RC4 - english_1.png
Bild
LSWITCH_293_RC4 - english_2.png
Bild
LSWITCH_293_RC4 - polish_1.png
Bild
LSWITCH_293_RC4 - polish_2.png

Abonnieren: Nachricht (Feed), Sammelnachricht (Digest), Index.
Abmelden
E-Mail an ListMaster