From: Lewis <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] Updated help for 2.9.0
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 16:06:25 -0400

Hi...

On 10/21/17 03:12 pm, Gregg Young wrote:
Hi Lewis

Not quite done, yet.
:-)

I can confirm that I do *not* have commit privs to the
repo. :-(
I just requested it for you.

And Adrian, good egg that he is, has already done it. What a guy, as I said on that list.

So, I'm sending it along to someone who does.
Obviously, I've only zipped it to keep it safe, and
renamed the zip for dumb firewalls which actually look
at
file extensions to determine what they are and not
what's really inside them.

Gregg, what I do not understand in the file is the
footnote section. I have:

:h1 res=30026 id='debug' hide.
Footnote
I don't either. This is a gift from Viperhelp. Normally
footnotes appear in popup window. What this does is
make them pages with the title Footnote but doesn't add
them to the table of contents. It works by the way.

Well, yeah, it works, as a level 1 page, with a hidden content entry and a title of Footnote, as you say, but that's not a footnote. :-)

Fixing those. We'll see how it goes.

which won't produce the desired result of a footnote.
Also, much of the context sensitivity as a result of
entries such as this makes NewView go nuts (press F1
on the Taskbar page).
This pulls up the newview help here. Note I did fix some
link and tag warnings given off by wipfc before I tried it. I
will commit it with these fixes for you to try. Do you have
the latest wipfc?
wipfc.exe  764,637 05-30-2017 14:59:40

I still use ipfc, generally, but I seem to have:

 7-11-13  19:29       1,416,901    124  wipfc.exe

so I am somewhat out of date. I thought there was a newer Watcom package somewhere. Do we not have this as RPM, yet?

Interestingly enough, I do not see this jittering on the T520. Perhaps it's because of the exceptions I see in NewView on the T43 when running the Samba 4 plugin, as reported here:

http://trac.netlabs.org/newview/ticket/47

I also am testing SeaMonkey with xul.dll loaded high, and a few other things running, so perhaps I'm just low on shared memory. Do not consider that something to fix, yet.

I'll have a new help commit a little later on.

I'll have to debug that stuff to get
it working right. I suspect VyperHelp broke this. It was
promising, but lacked enough recognition for IPF tags
be truly useful. We do have sources, so perhaps
another
project one day...

Sounds fun. Where is the source. Thanks

Sources are in the 2005 WPI (exe) package at Hobbes:

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-search.php?key=vyperhelp.exe