????????? #204 ?????? ?????? ???????? lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com

??: "Doug Bissett" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> ?????? ?????????
?????????????? ?????????
????: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-93-0-RC_6.wpi
????: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 19:58:48 -0600 (MDT)

On 2021-08-14, at 14:02:42, Gregg Young wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 13:05:54 -0600 (MDT) Doug Bissett wrote:
> >
> >On 2021-08-14, at 11:57:10, Gregg Young wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Attached is lSwitcher 2.93 RC 6. This should fix the issues caused by
> >> first time cancel without changes from Alfredo. I can't
> >> reproduce the problem.
> >> It also changes the codepage to 1208. Hopefully this will fix the bad
> >> characters on install to a Russian system Alfred reported
> >> on the AN testers site.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Gregg
> >
> >This breaks things. Now, WarpIn doesn't know that XWP is already
> >installed. You do need to use the system codepage (whatever it may be),
> >not something specific in the script.
>
> In this case that doesn't work. You get the same message with no codepage in the script if you try to install on a Russian
> system. The reason for the problem is probably different in this case the problem is the default font isn't unicode aware. In the
> Russian case codepage 866 doesn't contain .  Specifying codepage 850 in the script should fix all the cases but raises
> questions about warpin's unicode support. Attached is RC 6a which fixes the installer. Thanks
>
> Gregg

Yes, now it installs properly, for me.

Looking back at the history, it seems that code page weirdness is not a new problem with WarpIn. In my case, it looks like changing to UTF8 caused the database to not match a requirement (I use CP 850). It would probably be a messy thing to fix properly. The biggest "problem" would be to update the existing database, and doing that may break a lot of older packages.

There doesn't seem to be a good answer, unless you want to spend a lot of time on it (WarpIn), and I would prefer that you spend time on other things.

--
From Doug Bissett's ArcaOS system