Nachricht #206 aus Archiv der Liste lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com

Von: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Kopfzeilen anzeigen
E-Mail Quelltext
Betreff: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-93-0-RC_6.wpi
Datum: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 13:57:11 +0100
An: lSwitcher Developers Mailing List <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com>

"Morning,"

On 2021/08/15 04:04, Lewis wrote:
Hi...

Changing the codepage isn't enough. The content needs to be converted to UTF-8
(it was still CP850).

As I tried to explain (albeit maybe too briefly, sorry) this still breaks (more?) things...

I am perfectly aware that the WIS contains non-English characters, so specifying CODEPAGE is not enough -- what you state there must be the one in use as well, so if the original used CP850 characters, a proper conversion is in order, sure.

Still, WarpIN is not handling this correctly...

<snip>
This gave me a UTF-8 script, which properly renders Ulrich's name and which
then matches what's in the WarpIN db (no error report of missing XWP).

Lewis, did you notice I reported this was a problem that showed up /on a Russian system/, and nowhere else? -- Ulrich's name was always properly processed and rendered on my main system (main CP always 850).

I am attaching two screenshots to illustrate that something (which may or may not be new, and/or related to the problem with not finding XWP in the database) breaks when you convert the WIS:

lsw@ru_CP850.png shows how the readme (CP 850) is rendered on this Russian system under CP 866 when the wis is CP850-encoded: see the "?" on my name? That is possibly a rendering-only, cosmetic problem.

Now, let's convert the WIS to UTF (and change its CODEPAGE attribute accordingly), and fire up WarpIN on that again: see lsw@ru_CP850.png, look at my name again.

That is a UTF conversion problem, which may or may not be related to the one I reported initially, but we definitely brought it up converting the WIS to CP 1208 aka UTF8.

Anlage:  lsw@ru_CP850.png (7251 Bytes)
Anlage:  lsw@ru_CP1208.png (7224 Bytes)

Abonnieren: Nachricht (Feed), Sammelnachricht (Digest), Index.
Abmelden
E-Mail an ListMaster