Message #28 des archives de la Liste lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com

De: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> En-têtes complèts
Message brut
Sujet: Reduce desktop workarea + Auto-resize (was Re: lSwitcher 2.92 RC 6)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 09:57:09 +0200

Hi,

On 20/09/03 05:36, Lewis wrote:
I heard my name being mentioned (my ears were burning)...

Yeah, as we say in French I could imagine you felt that te pitan los oídos ;p

On 09/02/20 03:23 am, Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:
On 20/09/02 04:41, Gregg Young wrote:
Help says "'Reduce Desktop workarea' /will/ fail " [with XCenter], and
now lSwitcher actually prevents you from checking it with 'auto-resize'.
I thought this would be because of the new XWP, but there must be
some other reason -- I just checked a fresh AOS5055 (so newest XWP)
with Andrei's last lSwitcher and it can reduce the Desktop workarea
cooperatively with XCenter (see lsw_old), so no need to prevent users
from checking this. I would consider this a regression.

The change is based on the documentation and I don't know how safe or
consistent this is. Thanks

Do you mean somebody else (Lewis?) wrote "this may fail" ("will fail" now)
in the help, and you prevented the option from being selectable because it
will fail, or...?

Hmmm... Did I write that? Seems odd. Checking...

Well, the SVN log says:

r37 | gyoung | 2013-04-28 17:47:02 +0100 (Sun, 28 Apr 2013) | 1 line

Created an ipf file for lswitcher based on the readme for version 2.70. The
file was generated with
Viperhelp. Moved the readme files to a docs subdirectory.

So, looking at the Andrei's 2.70 readme, I don't see it. It was added prior to
2.80, however. Looks like Gregg's r71 added this:

:p.Reduce Desktop fails if it has already been called by another program
&lpar.i.e. xWorkplace&rpar.&per.

Perhaps this was an issue in 2.80 which was subsequently fixed (either in XWP
or lSwitcher), and it just never made its way out of the known issues list.

I don't think I'm following you.

'Reduce the Desktop workarea' worked in cooperation with the XCenter in 2.7 (and still works using 2.7 with the latest ANXWP) so it's naturally not mentioned as an issue -- I sent a screenshot of it in action: you maximize a window and it obliges leaving space up and down for both lSwitcher and the XCenter. Even with 'Auto-resize' on.

Whether the combo worked in 2.8 I don't remember -- maybe the odd application (OO?) would not abide, maybe it got broken -- there must be a reason I waited to report, and I possibly forgot at some point (it all must be buried somewhere in my notes). It wasn't until I was reviewing the 2.9 docs the other day and I bumped again into the 'will fail' bit that I remembered this is deactivated altogether if used in conjunction with 'auto-resize' now. So, not fixed -- this configuration worked previously and now it can't be activated.

Cheers,

Pièce jointe:  lsw_old.png (25389 octets)

Abonner: Direct, Résumé, Index.
Désabonner
Écrire au gestionnaire de la liste