From: "Gregg Young" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher documentation issues and functional clarifications
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 07:50:25 -0600 (MDT)

Hi

>>>I'll update the wiki page in short order, and will add
>>these
>>>to the VOICE resources page (or ask Gordon to do
>>that).
>>>Meanwhile...

>and

be

on
>>>I'd pick Popup Window or just Popup (i.e., Popup,
>List,
>>>Taskbar, Widget for the four possible modes).
>>>
>>Popup etc works for me.
>
>Great.
>
>(Anyone else on the list should speak up with any
>objections, please. In that case, please be ready to
>suggest an alternative.)
>
><snip>

>is
>>>Okay. Then let's use the minor text of General for
>that,
>>>or (better) no minor text until Priority is added, and
>then
>>>use General and Priority, leaving Miscellaneous for
the
>>>major tab text.
>>>
>>No minor should work fine.
>
>Good. That would be best. Add it later, when it makes
>sense in context.

>>>Steve related how to do this to Konstantin, as
>Dynamic
>>>Icons had a bunch of identically-titled pages. I
>reviewed
>>it
>>>last night, just to make sure I wasn't imagining this.
:-)
>>I am pretty sure this will be easy to do.
>
>Should be. I don't have the ticket number offhand, but
>the discussion is in a closed ticket in the Dynamic Icons
>subproject for ArcaOS-Dev.

I will find this if I have a problem but I don't think I will.

>>>strings,
>>>LOL

>>>Quotes are going, then. They produce unnecessary
>>>clutter and impede readability - especially at higher
>>>resolutions.
>>Works for me.
>
>Great. Thanks.

>>>I think it makes more sense. *We* know what "FS"
>>>means, but as I have been reminded by some of our
>>>Arca Noae tickets, there are users returning to the
>>>platform from Warp 4 and much of the terminology
>>which
>>>we take for granted completely eludes them. We
>should
>>>never assume our users are as fluent as we, as this
>>>leads to more nonsensical tickets. :-)
>>Easy fix. I will make the change
>
>Thanks.

>char

thing
>>at
>scroll
>>3
>>>>
>>>It's certainly not a very reliable algorithm.
>>No kidding. What is 2/3 of an icon?-)
>
>:-)
>
>>>Ultimately, a slider bar (not for this release) might be
>>>more appropriate, like the sensitivity setting for
>>>SMOUSE.
>>Probably no more predictable.
>
>Granted.

>>and
>do
>scroll
work.
>>wheel
>out
>>>Indeed, I had to hit the Ctrl key to get the Popup
>sticky
>>>to test it. Longer term, do you just want to do away
>>with
>>>this setting?
>>May be it should go shorter term. Easier than fixing it.
>
>Fine with me. Unless there are objections from anyone
>else, I say let's lose it.

I will look at matching this to the line scroll setting for
Amouse internally so it will always be 1 icon per wheel
turn.

>>>Did I mention that Ctrl-Alt-S doesn't work when the
>>>Popup is sticky?
>>That doesn't surprise me Ctrl-Alt-anything isn't
defined
>in
>>the accel tables. What did you think it would do.
>
>LOL...
>
>Okay, with any app open and running, press Ctrl-Alt-S.
>The Taskbar may be hidden. The Properties notebook
>opens on the desktop. This is pretty neat, though I
don't
>think it should work this way (what if something else
with
>focus wanted to grab those keys?). Anyway, this
doesn't
>work when the Popup has focus.
>
>Ctrl-Alt-S is mentioned in the documentation.

It really isn't in the accel tables, It is hard coded
LSWhook,c ~336. As an aside I decided to set an object
hotkey to Ctrl+Alt+S to see what would happen. Object
hot key aren't enabled but the help brought me to the
following.

The "ArcaOS Desktop Setup" object lets you configure
the additional features ArcaOS Desktop adds to your
Workplace Shell. Depending on the settings in this
object, ArcaOS Desktop can replace or enhance the
behavior of your Workplace Shell.

This object resides in the  "System Setup" folder. You
will also find a shadow of that object in the default
"Extended Menu Options" folder so that it appears in the
"ArcaOS Desktop" submenu in each folder's pop-up
menu.

This object doesn't exist so either that or the help needs
to be fixed. The icon pictured on this page is the
XWorkplace setup icon which is installed if you go to the
full package.

I never
>knew about it (nor was I aware that I could get a
process
>list with Ctrl-LMB on the Desktop icon, and then select
>process for killing). I was on the beta team for lSwitcher
>for a long time, too, and thought that other than the
>widget, I knew pretty much all of it. LOL. I love finding
>stuff like this.
>
><snip>

Obviously I never knew about the Ctrl+Alt+S and it
should probably be disabled. I did know about both the
Ctrl+LMB and Shift+LMB menus for the desktop.
Thanks