From: Lewis <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher documentation issues and functional clarifications
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:58:31 -0400

Hi...

On 10/20/17 11:16 am, Dariusz Piatkowski wrote:
Hey Guys!

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 07:50:25 -0600 (MDT) Gregg Young wrote:
I never
knew about it (nor was I aware that I could get a
process
list with Ctrl-LMB on the Desktop icon, and then select
process for killing). I was on the beta team for lSwitcher
for a long time, too, and thought that other than the
widget, I knew pretty much all of it. LOL. I love finding
stuff like this.

<snip>

Obviously I never knew about the Ctrl+Alt+S and it
should probably be disabled. I did know about both the
Ctrl+LMB and Shift+LMB menus for the desktop.

..meanwhile, the ONLY way I have ever accessed lSwitcher has been through this Ctrl+Alt+S combination. Mind you, that was before I enabled the Taskbar, which I now use 100% of the time. So in the previous use-case I would always struggle to remember that "secret key combo" to get me into the lSwitcher setup...which usually required me to dig this up in the docs.

So what's my point? Well, for those who will continue to use just the process switching functionality (w/o the Taskbar) how do they get to the setup? For them, something like Ctrl+Alt+S would seem to be pretty useful approach, no?

This key combination is configurable on the Miscellaneous tab, so it's not hard coded.

On the other hand, what is this magic behing Ctrl+LMB or Shift+LMB? My oh my, I never knew (probably b/c I never ran the Taskbar), but boy, it is marvelous...!!!

So, what you are saying, Dariusz, is that you load lswitch.exe, but do not normally have the Taskbar enabled. Interesting. I'll have to see how that use case is covered in the manual.

Ctrl+LMB / Shift+LMB - Indeed; I had no idea. Of course, filtering the Desktop object from the list defeats this purpose, because one can't reach the button, but some may be happy to forego this extra functionality for some more screen real estate (I'm thinking more of the Widget, in this case, than the Taskbar).

Cheers