From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher 2.92 RC 9
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 00:10:08 +0200

Hi,

On 20/09/22 23:28, Gregg Young wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 22:42:51 +0200 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:
I see the help reverts to 'may fail' instead of 'will fail' for reducing
the Desktop work area when it is also ON for XCenter. Wording is
irrelevant if the UI forbids the option to be checked. As I mentioned
before, this worked (for me anyway) in lSwitcher 2.71, and it still
works with lSw 2.71 on AOS 5.0.6, so why disallow it? Assuming
everything else is fine, this will still prevent me from upgrading on my
main system.

Put in tickets for these.

Will tomorrow.

Reduce desktop works as designed. It only works if the taskbar size isn't reduced.
I find it next to impossible to resize the bar if the desktop is reduced.
I don't like the appearance of the reduced desktop with autosize.

Because it leaves a gap to its right all the way to the corner? I use that to fit some other floating windows like SysBar/2. It's like having a second XCenter with all the stuff that the XCenter doesn't have.

I see a number of other things are (mostly?) unchanged, so I'll
summarize, as my previous screenshots are still valid:

-Key descriptions get clipped at the sides of the PM popup at 800x600.

These should be fixed in RC 10

I confirm it is. It looks a bit strange now but you can't always get what you want.

-Tile and Cascade still seem to be problematic and do funny (maybe
slightly different?) stuff with certain windows compared to what the
system does:

Regarding the Desktop, it has no 'tile' or 'cascade' entries on its
popup menu on the system Window list. lSwitcher mimics this on its own
popup menu now (good), and the mnemonics are not shown. However they
are still active, and you can press them to 'Tile' and 'Cascade' the
Desktop window, which is not reversible, as I also mentioned. Nobody
will do this intentionally, but it's not nice if it happens to happen by
accident.

While I can probably disable the hotkeys (which by the way make the
mnemonics work). I can do nothing about windows that shouldn't be resized
if they aren't marked as such. If you know an additional way to do this
(I am querying the window ushort) let me know.

The window menu (clicking the icon on the upper left corner) has 'Size' grayed out for these, so there must be a mark for it somewhere. No idea how to query that programmatically, though.

Thank you,