From: "Gregg Young" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher 2.92 RC 9
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 16:48:33 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 00:10:08 +0200 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On 20/09/22 23:28, Gregg Young wrote:
>>On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 22:42:51 +0200 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:
>>>I see the help reverts to 'may fail' instead of 'will fail' for
>>>reducing
>>>the Desktop work area when it is also ON for XCenter. Wording is
>>>irrelevant if the UI forbids the option to be checked. As I mentioned
>>>before, this worked (for me anyway) in lSwitcher 2.71, and it still
>>>works with lSw 2.71 on AOS 5.0.6, so why disallow it? Assuming
>>>everything else is fine, this will still prevent me from upgrading on
>>>my
>>>main system.
>>
>>Put in tickets for these.
>
>Will tomorrow.
>
>>Reduce desktop works as designed. It only works if the taskbar size
>>isn't reduced.
>>I find it next to impossible to resize the bar if the desktop is
>>reduced.
>>I don't like the appearance of the reduced desktop with autosize.
>
>Because it leaves a gap to its right all the way to the corner?

Yes

I use
>that to fit some other floating windows like SysBar/2. It's like having
>a second XCenter with all the stuff that the XCenter doesn't have.

OK I will re enable it. I don't use the taskbar anyway. Hopefully no one complains.

>>>I see a number of other things are (mostly?) unchanged, so I'll
>>>summarize, as my previous screenshots are still valid:
>>>
>>>-Key descriptions get clipped at the sides of the PM popup at 800x600.
>>
>>These should be fixed in RC 10
>
>I confirm it is. It looks a bit strange now but you can't always get
>what you want.

Strange how?

>>>-Tile and Cascade still seem to be problematic and do funny (maybe
>>>slightly different?) stuff with certain windows compared to what the
>>>system does:
>>>
>>>Regarding the Desktop, it has no 'tile' or 'cascade' entries on its
>>>popup menu on the system Window list. lSwitcher mimics this on its own
>>>popup menu now (good), and the mnemonics are not shown. However they
>>>are still active, and you can press them to 'Tile' and 'Cascade' the
>>>Desktop window, which is not reversible, as I also mentioned. Nobody
>>>will do this intentionally, but it's not nice if it happens to happen
>>>by
>>>accident.
>>
>>While I can probably disable the hotkeys (which by the way make the
>>mnemonics work). I can do nothing about windows that shouldn't be
>>resized
>>if they aren't marked as such. If you know an additional way to do this
>>(I am querying the window ushort) let me know.
>
>The window menu (clicking the icon on the upper left corner) has 'Size'
>grayed out for these, so there must be a mark for it somewhere. No idea
>how to query that programmatically, though.

I may have found a way. It seems to work here. I also fixed the missing tile and cascade on PM windows.

I found a way to block the hotkey execution on windows where the action shouldn't happen. This has always been an issue. I will release RC_11 tomorrow. Thanks

Gregg