From: "Gregg Young" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-92-0-RC_11.wpi
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 20:21:48 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 02:49:03 +0200 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On 20/09/23 22:21, Gregg Young wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>Attached is lSwitcher-2-92-0-RC_10.wpi. Hopefully the last RC.
>>This changes reduce desktop so it works with resize and auto resize.
>>Allow resize is no longer automatically selected when autoresize is
>>deselected.
>
>Good. At least now we can compare functionality between this and old
>2.61 on an equal footing. 2.92 seems to do a number of funny things with
>this indeed, but I'll go over that after I test it a bit more.

These will need to be tickets for future releases unless something fails completely.

>>It also blocks activation of hotkeys on processes where the action
>>isn't supported (ie pressing "a" when the desktop is the selected
>>process will not attempt to cascade the desktop).
>
>Confirmed, I can't tile or cascade the Desktop, etc. now. Great.

:-)

>>Fixed failure of tile and cascade to appear on menus associated with PM
>>folders.
>
>Confirmed, they appear now.

:-)

>>Hopefully I have finally fixed trying to cascade or tile things that
>>aren't
>>designed to be resized. They simply won't have these menu choices.
>
>Confirmed. I think this is more or less inevitable, but at least you
>shouldn't even try with things that tell you so. I tried a number of
>programs and objects that are non-resizable, and it has worked so far
>(tile or cascade options not displayed at all). So, no tickets --
>Perfect ^^

:-) This one still might not be fixed as the fix I used doesn't make complete sense re the PM documentation. Which of course is true for allot of other things.

>BTW: apparently lSwitcher only lists up to 27 windows in its PM poopup.
>While that is fine for me, and probably more than enough for everyone,
>perhaps it should somehow indicate when there are more windows opened
>than listed.

Please put in a ticket for this and I will review it in the future. I don't see it as a reason to delay the release as it has always been this way.

>Thanks,
>Alfred.
>
>P.S. What I found funny about the new keys description on the PM popup
>is that it is always two-line, even if only one is used (f.e. for the
>Desktop). But it would probably look odd to keep resizing the window all
>the time, for example if you alternate the PM popup selection between
>the Desktop (1-line keys description) and a WPS folder.

Yes I saw this I could probably add text to the second window stating no other options are available. If you think that would be better please add a ticket so I don't forget. Hopefully Lewis, Doug and/or Andy can try this and assuming no show stoppers I will release the GA late tomorrow. Thanks

Gregg