From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-92-0-RC_11.wpi
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 16:12:30 +0200

Hi,

On 20/09/24 04:21, Gregg Young wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 02:49:03 +0200 Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:

Hi,

On 20/09/23 22:21, Gregg Young wrote:
Hi

Attached is lSwitcher-2-92-0-RC_10.wpi. Hopefully the last RC.
This changes reduce desktop so it works with resize and auto resize.
Allow resize is no longer automatically selected when autoresize is
deselected.

Good. At least now we can compare functionality between this and old
2.61 on an equal footing. 2.92 seems to do a number of funny things with
this indeed, but I'll go over that after I test it a bit more.

These will need to be tickets for future releases unless something fails completely.

Depends on how well I can describe this and how severe you think it is :-)

Without the need for more systematic testing I found the following two glitches (which are completely absent from the older version I still use) should be easy to reproduce and observe:

-Turning on 'Reduce desktop workarea' with 'auto resize' already on gives the Desktop a title bar which you can use to drag it around, etc. See screenshot, right above the mouse pointer.

-Also, turning this on, with it ON in the XCenter properties too, makes reducing the workarea fail on both: if you open e.g. the System text editor and maximize it, the window will go full screen, i.e. covering *both* lSwitcher and the XCenter.

Even more fun, it takes this ability from the XCenter as well until it is restarted: if you turn 'reduce Desktop' off in lSwitcher, a maximized window will still cover the XCenter; if you close lSwitcher, a maximized window will still cover the XCenter; you need to close both lSwitcher and the XCenter, and reopen the XCenter (no need to alter its properties, though) for XCenter to start reducing the Desktop workarea again.

It also blocks activation of hotkeys on processes where [...]

Confirmed, I can't tile or cascade the Desktop, etc. now. Great.

:-)

Fixed failure of tile and cascade to appear on menus [...]

Confirmed, they appear now.

:-)

One minor thing (for me, not that I deemed it particularly useful): what ever happened to 'Move'?

Hopefully I have finally fixed trying to cascade or tile things that
aren't
designed to be resized. They simply won't have these menu choices.

Confirmed. I think this is more or less inevitable, but at least you
shouldn't even try with things that tell you so. I tried a number of
programs and objects that are non-resizable, and it has worked so far
(tile or cascade options not displayed at all). So, no tickets --
Perfect ^^

:-) This one still might not be fixed as the fix I used doesn't make complete
sense re the PM documentation. Which of course is true for allot of other things.

Yes, the day things start working as documented we'll know the end is nigh ;-)

BTW: apparently lSwitcher only lists up to 27 windows in its PM poopup.
While that is fine for me, and probably more than enough for everyone,
perhaps it should somehow indicate when there are more windows opened
than listed.

Please put in a ticket for this and I will review it in the future.
I don't see it as a reason to delay the release as it has always been this way.

OK, so depending on your comments on the double 'reduce Desktop' again, it will be this one ticket, or both.

Thanks,
Alfred.

P.S. What I found funny about the new keys description on the PM popup
is that it is always two-line, even if only one is used (f.e. for the
Desktop). But it would probably look odd to keep resizing the window all
the time, for example if you alternate the PM popup selection between
the Desktop (1-line keys description) and a WPS folder.

Yes I saw this I could probably add text to the second window stating no other
options are available. If you think that would be better

Sorry, I couldn't tell if by "that" you mean add text to the second line stating no other options are available, or alternate between one plus blank and two-line descriptions. Anyway, I think I can get used to a blank line appearing sometimes just as easily, so my preference is the same as Lewis': keep things as static as possible so they're not overly distracting. (Descriptions will change anyway as you select one task or another in the popup, so I can't really imagine what's more distracting.)

please add a ticket so I don't forget. Hopefully Lewis, Doug and/or Andy can
try this and assuming no  show stoppers I will release the GA late tomorrow.

I would like to update the docs so at least my translation is in synch. I see r229 in the SVN trunk. Is that the latest?

That said, I see a few notes on Russian re: keys, etc. I can help with that, but I need to set up another test system.

Thanks

Speaking of translations, one minor glitch in Spanish: the second "+" in "Ctrl+Alt+" is clipped by a few pixels on my test system (res: 800x600, see 2nd screenshot).

Thank you,

Attached File:  lsw_DTop.png (95106 bytes)
Attached File:  lsw_clip_es2.png (7539 bytes)