From: "Alfredo Fernández Díaz" <lswitcher-dev@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [lswitcher-dev] lSwitcher-2-92-0-RC_12.wpi
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 01:04:42 +0200

On 20/09/26 23:01, Gregg Young wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 01:11:07 +0200 Alfredo Fern�ndez D�az wrote:

Hi,

On 20/09/25 22:31, Gregg Young wrote:
[...]
Reduce desktop now behaves differently with a non sizable taskbar verses
a sizable one. In both cases maximized window won't cover the taskbar.

This works great, thank you! (I mean the 'pseudo-reduce Desktop' with
the autosizable bar). I still need to test this a bit more, but this may
be goodbye to the old version at last :-)

The actual reduce desktop call to PMMERGE only occurs with the non
sizable taskbar and probably won't work correctly if another
application >>> (e.g. xCenter) is also trying to use it.

Question: is it possible to detect if some other application is reducing
the Desktop?

Probably yes but that doesn't solve the problem. It does no good for me to
check if lSwitcher is opened before the xCenter. If lSwitcher has reduced
the desktop and then xCenter does the same the damage is done. While I can
tell that xCenter has been opened by then it is too late to do anything.

Of course, I see. But if the code in XCenter did the same, I mean, if "reduce Desktop" is checked, check if something is using it already on startup, and act accordingly, wouldn't it all appear to work OK? At least no application would cause the other to fail, and it's not like there are many more to interfere out there. Am I missing something else?

If it were, I would think to do the 'pseudo-reduce' when
somebody else (i.e. XCenter) is already doing it, or the 'actual'
reduction otherwise, no matter whether the bar is autoresizable.

So you like the Desktop titlebar? This is a PM feature not something I am doing.

Nope, sorry, I misunderstood why that appeared -- thought it was a glitch like resizing non-resizable windows, etc.

[...]
I've moved the "Ctrl+Alt+" label a bit to the left to try and avoid
clipping it in the Spanish UI,

Updated. It still wasn't quite right here. Try the attached.

Almost there, see attachment. Could you move it further left to align with 'Idioma' above, maybe? I think we'd be done for good.

and I've noticed there's a problem with
your IPF building environment, which fails to format notes (":nt.")
properly, see screenshot. The file builds fine here, so I never noticed

This is a stupid wipfc trick. I found the problem with it and it now works
as expected. Thanks

:)

OK, more:

-Open a WPS folder window. Bring up the PM popup, 'C' is for close, and works; good. Open the folder again, bring up the popup menu for the folder on the taskbar ('Move' is in there, btw): now 'Close' is a submenu with 'Close' and 'Quit', and 'Quit' does nothing, as I half expected. I suppose that's meant for applications (which have 'Close', 'Quit', 'SigKill', 'DosKill'...)

-Packaging: any particular reason why we keep old English readmes, i.e. readme.v*?

Thank you,
A.

Attached File:  lsw_clip_es2.png (14490 bytes)