Fra: Lewis G Rosenthal <os2-netware_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Avsender: os2-netware_users-owner <os2-netware_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Emne: OS/2-NetWare Users List: Netware IP
Dato: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:38:19 EST5EDT4,M4.1,M10.5
Til: os2-netware_users@2rosenthals.com

Phil, are you running LDAP services on the server(s) now? I'd be really interested to hear how this works for you, as I'm thinking of implementing LDAP on a couple client sites. It would be nice to know in advance whether we have sufficiently robust tools under OS/2 to access this data.

Over here, when I need to drop to Windows to do something, I usually use a Citrix session. I've had some stability problems with my VPC setups recently, so I've pretty much put that on a back burner.

Insofar as a re-write of the NetWare client, it would be interesting to see if Innotek could do a package of the NT/2000 client akin to their Java 1.4 offering. This would sidestep the requirement for a ground up re-write of the existing 2.12 requester. I'm just talking off the top of my head here, as I'm sure there are probably 1,001 reasons why it can't be done that way....

Phil Brown wrote:

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA
Rosenthal & Rosenthal            :  Accountants / Network Consultants
New York / Northern Virginia     :                www.2rosenthals.com
Novell Users International       :                 www.whytheylie.com
OS/2's new face is eComStation   :                www.ecomstation.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------- This OS/2 system (Apollo) uptime is 0 days 00:43 hours and 47 seconds

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

Abboner: Feed, Digest, Index.
Stopp abbonement