From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-netware_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: SMS with >2GB file backup
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:59:10 -0400
To: OS/2 NetWare Users <os2-netware_users@2rosenthals.com>

Greetings, everyone...

It's been quiet here for some time. I have an annoyance I'd like to submit to the group for thoughts:

We use Backup Exec 9.2 (on NetWare) for backup at all of our sites (our offices as well as clients). On the OS/2 (and eCS) boxes, I am running the Backup Exec Agent, which essentially ties into the Novell SMS architecture. On non-OS/2 platforms, I have no trouble backing up large files (not that I have many, but a few Linux boxes do - on those, I'm either using RALUS or the older Backup Exec Linux Agent), however, when backing up from OS/2 and encountering a >2GB file, BE errors and skips the file. Naturally, this is a royal pain for getting the VirtualBox vdi's onto tape, as well as some really large mbox files under SeaMonkey or Thunderbird.

Any thoughts as to how to work around this?

TIA

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress