From: Lewis G Rosenthal <os2-netware_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-netware_users-owner <os2-netware_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2NetWare] Re: Two NICs w/IPX bound; second doesn't work
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:06:01 -0500
To: os2-netware_users@2rosenthals.com

FWIW, I have confirmed this behavior. Once I make the association and log in, I can maintain it between wired & wireless connections. The whole idea is bass-akward, if you ask me, and should have been upgraded/fixed/replaced by v2.0 of the requester.

We need a new NetWare client. (See my minor tirade on this on the OS/2 Wireless List a few minutes ago, or on the list archives at www.2rosenthals.com/lists/os2-wireless_users in a day or so.) As I'm currently studying for my CLE (Certified Linux Engineer) practicum (which is focused mainly on Novell Nterprise Linux Services, and not on Linux itself), scheduled for 12/21, I am spending quite a bit of time with SLP, Directory Agents, etc.; essentially all the stuff which is IP based to which we have no direct access, and this is getting downright frustrating (though it is kind of fun to administer my SuSE server running NNLS 1.0 from Mozilla on OS/2, and run all the terminal stuff from an SSH session on my OS/2 box!).

Okay, I'll just calm down again, now. Sorry to be a bother, and thanks for listening... :-)

On 11/21/2004 05:54 am, Michael Warmuth thus wrote :

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
[...]

However, only LAN0 seems to be binding IPX (i.e., I can't find the LAN from the Wi-Fi interface, LAN1). Is there something else I should be doing to bind both NICs to IPX? I've had systems with two NICs bound to IPX before, but don't remember anything special. There are no board-specific entries in NET.CFG.

There is a restriction in the Netware client for OS/2 (documented in some readme): It can bind to more than one interface, but it does only use the first one for searches. So if only the second interface is connected the netware stack cannot find the server / tree.

Greetings
Michael

"unsubscribe os2-netware_users" in the body
(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)