From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-netware_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Network status update
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:42:43 -0500
To: Mail Users <mailusers@2rosenthals.com>

As of last evening, the primary DSL connection appeared to be operating normally, with full throughput on both the downlink and the uplink. Accordingly, I switched everything back over to that link. This morning, however, I was contacted by Verizon to follow up on our open trouble ticket. The representative advised me that early this morning, the crew onsite at the Verizon CO (central office; the next  stop up the line from our office) decided that due to distance restrictions, the contracted bandwidth was not available, and arbitrarily reduced our uplink bandwidth to 128Kbps.

Naturally, I was furious when I heard this, especially considering that the network appeared to have settled down last night. There is no logical explanation for the service functioning normally for all of these months and then over this past weekend, faltering (our office hasn't moved, and neither has the CO). Verizon has re-opened the ticket, and due to my insistence (yelling?), they have assured me that the crew will be back at some point today to re-examine the situation.

Meanwhile, I have failed everything over to the backup line, which currently reports better bandwidth than what Verizon left us with on the primary link this morning. In addition, I am actively pursuing alternative broadband connectivity options to ward against such situations in the future.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this period.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com