os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #1018

Da: "Jeroen Besse" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless]Timeout problem
Data: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:25:21 +0200
A: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 8/9/06, John Poltorak <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

Apologies for another non-wireless problem, but it's about OS/2 networking
so is partially on-topic...

Can anyone suggest where I should look to discover how to deal with
timeouts on a network connection?

It appears between a DELL laptop which has a Broadcom chip and an IBM
server using an IBM ethernet card. The IBM server is accessible from other
systems but all those systems are limited to 10Mbps. Do I need to set the
DELL to 10 Mbps or will it autoadjust?

I'd say, don't do autoadjust. Some vendor NICs can't autoadjust when
the other side is some other vendor NIC. Don't know whether your 2
NICs have this problem intercommunicating.
However, if the problem disappears when you set them both to the same
speed (for instance 10Mbps half duplex), you know you have this
problem. Then, either keep them at fixed speeds, or replace one of the
NICs.

And is there any way to log errors?

Sometimes "type lantran.log" gives this info, but I think this depends
on the driver...

Best regards,
Jeroen Besse