From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Thinkpad T42 wireless
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:05:17 -0400

On 08/11/06 05:12 pm, Sandy Shapiro thus wrote :
In <list-282412@2rosenthals.com>, on 08/10/06    at 06:22 PM, "Rick R." <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> said:

<snip>
Then check when crash occurs.
The GenMAC driver(s) must be loaded before
..\PROTOCOL\NETBIND.EXE.

The GenMac driver loads normally. Then a few more drivers load so quickly
that I can't read them before the trap 8 crash (I think it may be the
PM.EXE that I see last, but I can't be sure).

TRAP008 may indicate an interrupt conflict (it is most definitely a hardware issue). Try remming out your UNIAUD (or other audio driver) statements in CONFIG.SYS and see what you get. Also, try adding OPTIONS = "STACK32" to your PROTOCOL.INI at the end of your GenMAC driver section (don't ask, as I'm still foggy on this setting, but some have reported that it cured several issues). The UNIAUD troubleshooting tip comes from the GenMAC list (the later builds of the driver seem to be fine).

<snip>

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com